Agra, Uttar Pradesh is one of the most visited cities in India which is situated at the banks of the Yamuna river, not just by Indian Tourists but also by Foreign Tourists because everybody is keen to see the symbol of love, the great TAJ MAHAL. It is truly a beauty in itself and needs no introduction. But Agra has a lot more to offer than just the Taj Mahal.
There are many more forts that show the grand architecture and beautiful monuments created during Mughal rule. Some of them are UNESCO world heritage sites.
This one is of the first day we visited Taj Mahal
In terms of food, one can enjoy the street food which will be found in every nook and corner of Agra, their markets. You can find one of the best Mughlai food there along with North Indian delicacies like Samosa, Chaat, and Gol Gappas and their ever famous Petha, a local sweet dish to fill your soul with sweetness.
If you are more of laid back person and need a good view while you chew, this place has to offer many big restaurants, that serve you mouth-watering food.
Things to Do | Places to Visit
- Visit TAJ MAHAL
- Visit Fathepur Sikri Fort
- Visit Tomb of Salim Chishti
- Visit Agra Fort
- Visit Itimad Ud Daulah
- Visit Mehtab Bagh
- Shopping in the traditional bazaars like Sadar Bazaar
- Taj Nature Walk in the morning to freshen up your soul
Where to Stay?
- Taj Hotel and Convention Centre, it’s about 1 km walk from the way to Taj Mahal and magnificent views right from your hotel room
- DoubleTree by Hilton, a bit far off but worth the stay
- ITC Mughal
Where to Eat?
- Pinch of Spice – For the best Mughlai Food in Agra
- The Salt Cafe – For the amazing party vibes
- Gopal Das Pethe Wale
- Street food near Taj Mahal road (Samosas with spicy green chutney ❤
- Infini – The Sky Lounge @ Taj Hotel and Convention Centre
How to reach?
- Private cab by any local provider or Uber and Ola outstation
- Self drive your own bike/car
- Bus: Non AC, AC, Volvo
- Multiple trains at a regular interval from various New Delhi Stations
- Rent a car by Myles, ZoomCar
Liked the information above, read our experience in our upcoming post of Agra on valentines 2021.
Visit Buland Darwaza