Manali, Himachal Pradesh is the most visited hill station in the country due to its easy reach by road & air. Lush green pines, cool breezes and a winter wonderland in the so called off season months makes it even more calling.
There is something for everyone in Manali. Peace in the uphill old manali, adventure in Solang Valley and some off beat & slightly difficult to reach places like Hamta Pass.
Manali is also gaining popularity due to advent of adventure sport – Paragliding which was previously much popular in Bir Billing Himachal Pradesh.
Things to Do | Places to Visit
- Visit Hamta Pass, ditch Solang Valley if you are visiting Manali once again. You will be amazed by this not so explored territory.
- Visit Mall Road and have street food over there. Mall road is pretty lively throughout the day.
- Visit Manu Temple
- Visit Hadimba Temple
- Wander in the streets of Old Manali and maybe shop an embroidered T-Shirt, they do it with love.
- Igloo stay experience in Sethan Valley, Manali
- Stargazing at Disco Valley: As people at Zostel tell about but it is actually a view point much before, don’t search on maps for this place as it doesn’t but follow these longitude latitudes. We added a place on google map by the name of a fellow traveler who helped a lot of people reach this place and all of them were awestruck by the view
- Try freshly brewed beer at GOAT. There are some local wines as well, see if you can grab something for yourself or gift someone.
- Paragliding: Manali is now set to settle its root in proper paragliding and when I say proper I mean a flight of at least 10 mins.
Where to Stay?
- Rock Manali for a luxurious stay with amazing hospitality
- Backpacker style can choose Zostel @Old Manali
- Whispering Inn for a comfortable stay
- Hostellers is another option for backpacking style travel, with a good location amidst new and old manali.
Where to Eat?
- Cafe Evergreen
- Tenzin Dhaba
- Thai yumm cafe
- Maggi from any small vendor in Solang / Hamta Pass
- G.O.A.T. Microbrewery
- Dana Coffee House and German Bakery
How to reach?
- Private cab by any local provider or Uber and Ola outstation
- Self drive your own bike/car
- Bus: Non AC, AC, Volvo: Read detailed reviews to know which bus to choose from
- Rent a car by Myles, ZoomCar
One should definitely visit Hamta Pass for a WinterLand experience!