I don't tip to get good service but because I have received good service. . Thank you for any help! What will the Weather be Like When I Visit? I haven't been there yet, but I'm glad to know because I never would have guessed that tipping was expected at an all-inclusive. Alternatively, you may use. . You certainly dont have to tip what you would at home, but the guideline the previous poster gave are very good. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-41276140', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Grand and tipped almost everyone similar to Andrea, but we also tipped the person who refilled the fridge 50 pesos every few days and the concierge 50 pesos when we booked the al a cartes. Welcome to Iberostar Playa Paraso Golf Club, a stunning location surrounded by nature, exotic animals and ancient ruins. Re: how much to tip at iberostar grand? They deserve it! You have already paid your *premium* price for this service. I was just there and noticed that many people did tip regularly. A complimentary comment to the management could aid in them being compensated even more in the form of raised pay or promotion. One night at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? How is the beach at Iberostar Paraiso resorts? taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo? In Canada , and as I have learned from this forum in Europe, tips are presented for exceptional service when at an all-inclusive resort. Buffet waiters I'd give $2 if they brought us beverages and kept our table free of dirty plates. Answer 31 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. I don't tip to get good service but because I have received good service. You don't know and if their situation was as dismal as people make it out to be then why would anyone work there? Also, depending on where I am going, I do t-shirts with iron on transfers. We always tip in the restaurants and at the bars as well. Iberostar Paraiso Maya Resort is a major five-hotel complex at Playa Paraiso in Playa del Carmen on Mexico's Mayan Riviera, located 30 minutes south of the Cancun airport. Grand ADULTS ONLY All Inclusive Sustainability Hotel No. I may also add, it is a known practice for employees of certain hotels to pose as tourists and post comments on these wesites. I didn't notice any difference in the level of serviceafter all, tipping is usually at the end of a service performed, right? Answer 1 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. Answer 1 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. Riviera Maya Playa del Carmen Playa Paraiso Playa Paraiso Hotels Iberostar Grand Paraiso 9,267 reviews #1 of 6 all-inclusives in Playa Paraiso Save Share Avenida Del Sol 309 Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez, Km. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. We are going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? You almost got it right. If you still feel the need to do this, please, please do it DISCREETLY. This is certainly acceptable. I am not condoning a *no tipping* policy, merely advising when it is necessary and when it is not. Coming from the uk we tip what we feel is right for the service and it's usually 5-10, but if Florida if you didn't make it at least 15% you got very strange looks! Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Accommodation The purpose being that these comments may benefit them in additional gratuities. It doesn't help anybody. Spent about 100 dollars or so. You should not have to pay extra for good service at such an expensive resort. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-8217696', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. I myself though take $2.00 and $1.00 bills. We tipped EVERYBODY from the airport to the resort to the food servers, bell hops, housekeeping, tour guides, you name it Far, far, far from being rich, but we are EXTREMELY wealthy - not in $$ and cents; but when you know you've been blessed you just gotta share the blessings. It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch for the rest of us. And especially your room maid. In addition, the ala carte waiters were usually very good and I'd tip them $5 per meal. Answer 31 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. How can you say the difference is just cheap, cheap, cheap? Report inappropriate content 1-10 of 83 replies Sorted by 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Playa Paraiso. Also, depending on where I am going, I do t-shirts with iron on transfers. I think you're really beginning to understand that many people simply do not share your point of view and you're having a hard time dealing with it. As a travel agent, I have read your question and was concerned at the responses you were getting. I agree with poster RU-OK-2, I stayed for two weeks at the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Search for Iberostar Grand Paraiso discounts in Playa del Carmen with KAYAK. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Although it is not necessary to tip they do appreciate it and I feel good service should be recognised. We never feel that it's expected and the staff always seem surprised and happy to receive it in Mexico. It must be due to my "inferiority complex". We are going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? After a few bucks, your favorite bartender will know you by name! Remember that if you give a GIFT you need to leave a note saying that its a gift and give your name/room number (I made up little cards on my computer with this information). I also bring small gifts to give out. what is a decent tip? Of course there will always be those who are not comfortable in NOT giving a little something. Of course, once this practice gets started, it does affect YOUR service. I wasn't going to weigh in with my opinion, but - what the heck? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-41283293', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Grand. If anyone else reading these comments resents my honest answer to the question I would welcome your feedback. No one will tell me not to tip though. I'm willing to be that no, most people don't. Oh, I forgot how many mansions I saw them living in. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I was surprised at how many but they have that righ and I respect that. starf told us the names who are doining a great job they are getting an exstra bonus off the end of the month. How is the beach at Iberostar Paraiso resorts? There's the DIFFERENCE. If you usually get great service, but only a couple people get a "bonus", don't you think the remaining employees who've given you great service are being short changed? AKUMAL BAY: How do I get there? Can I use the lazy river / wave pool at the Lindo if I stay at the Beach or Del Mar? I was tipping bartenders/waitresses $1 per round. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-8604587', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Grand we had pretty disappointing service (not terrible or even bad, but compared to other meals it was definitely disappointing). There is no tipping policy as this is included with your reservation. We only left a $5 tip. I appreciate missouridarbydog's comments. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Re: tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Get answers to your questions about Playa Paraiso. Other than them I usally do not tip at an AI. what is a decent tip? I don't think that those of us who tip a bit ruin anything for anyone. Everyone has different monetary amounts they like to leave and that is up to you. Thank you for any help! I took $400 for tipping for good service but I found you only got the service after a tip, so i didnt use it all. It's called "cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap. Playa Paraiso. You asked why, if the jobs were so bad, would anyone want them. Some refer to it as trolling. Therefore, you have access to everything in the entire complex included. We are going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I also tIpped the shuttle drivers $2-3 dollars every time I needed a ride as I was staying in building 70 on the oceanfront and it was a long walk to the main areas of the resort. Excellence Riviera Cancun, Difference between Iberostar Paraiso Lindo vs Maya. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Bed and Breakfast Playa Paraiso Playa Paraiso Holiday Rentals Playa Paraiso Holiday Packages at dinner or someone makes drinks for you all day and night, how can you give them nothing? It is not necessary to carry a wallet or purse all day just in case you need to purchase or tip someone. This just doesn't add up. In addition, the ala carte waiters were usually very good and I'd tip them $5 per meal. I don't tip to get good service but because I have received good service. Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Playa Paraiso: Bekijk 9.285 beoordelingen, 13.626 foto's en aanbiedingen voor Iberostar Grand Paraiso, gewaardeerd als nr.1 van 14 hotels in Playa Paraiso en geclassificeerd als 5 van 5 bij Tripadvisor. Thinking that the Iberostar chain is going to give any of what we pay, beyond the worker's paltry wages, is pure justification fantasy. We began our trip on Tuesday, 8/22 at The Ritz Carlton Cancun for 2 nights, then Secrets. Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? Put it to rest and get on with your lives and stop insulting each other. So unless a resort forbids it I feel it is appropriate to tip for good service. Thank you for any help! However, when your gratuity is included at a resort then why do you also feel it is necessary to pay several dollars each time a service is rendered? Not being travel savy we booked the first trip through a local national travel agency. It is already paid for! more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. It is NOT necessary to tip, as you are paying for an *all inclusive* , this means *everything* from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I just don't understand what people don't get here. This is not the environment we want for our clients. Remember that if you give a GIFT you need to leave a note saying that its a gift and give your name/room number (I made up little cards on my computer with this information). I may also add, it is a known practice for employees of certain hotels to pose as tourists and post comments on these wesites. Get answers to your questions about Playa del Carmen, AIRPORT INFORMATION: Cancun Airport to Playa and resorts along the coast, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Taxi, Colectivo & ADO Bus Info, AI: Adults Only and Family & Child Friendly Resorts. No one will tell me not to tip though. General Manager of Iberostar Grand Paraiso, iberostar grand paraiso riveria maya or paradisus rivera may. Thank you for any help! . If there is turndown service at night you might want to leave $1. coxy you are tacking this way to seriuosly, if you want to tip tip pleas. The resorts should either do away with gratuities included or enforce the rules. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. . Email for Advanced Restaurant Reservations and Room Preferen, Iberostar Grand Paraso vs Haven Riviera Cancun. Perhaps they have become accustomed to the *big* tippers and only concentrate on them. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and keep your pesos for shopping! It is NOT necessary to tip, as you are paying for an *all inclusive* , this means *everything* from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I found by the second week I had to leave a regular $5 tip to get any reasonable service. Thank you for any help! They deserve it! If you don't want to tip that's fine--and believe me there are a lot more people who don't tip at all than people who do. For me personally, at breakfast at lunch buffet: $1-2 breakfast but only if the coffee keeps coming and they get my juice. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. And leave that tip every day ($2-3 is good). I will say that the reception and the entertainment staff were 5 star. And leave that tip every day ($2-3 is good). Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Bed and Breakfast Playa Paraiso Playa Paraiso Holiday Rentals Playa Paraiso Holiday Packages Thank you for any help! Answer 1 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. For Royal PDC this september (my birthday) I have the following t's. Thank you for any help! Thank you for any help! See if you can follow 1) Earlier you told us that you always receive great service. Thank you for any help! I will no longer try to *educate* the public as to why these practices can have a negative result. For those who don't tip and feel like their experience and service suffered make the management aware. Buffet waiters I'd give $2 if they brought us beverages and kept our table free of dirty plates. Alternatively, you may use. what is a decent tip? Thank you for any help! Looking for best beach in Playa Del Carmen. Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? If you ask for something special (such as drinks for the mini-bar $1-2 is good). Also, depending on where I am going, I do t-shirts with iron on transfers. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-102138523', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Iberostar Grand Paraiso in March 2018 and I tipped as he did. Of course, once this practice gets started, it does affect YOUR service. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. over a year ago GlobeTrot. Playa Paraiso. Thank you very much, that is very helpful! It is really the resorts fault for not doing this. We tip on par with what Andrea does, with the exception of Rene. Gimmie a break! . It is like beating a dead horse. A letter or comment to the management for *above and beyond* service of a certain employee would be just as effective. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. We use the water and sometimes the coke. As a travel agent, I have read your question and was concerned at the responses you were getting. When you have someone give you great service for 2-3 hrs. For Royal PDC this september (my birthday) I have the following t's. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Bed and Breakfast Playa Paraiso It is really the resorts fault for not doing this. It is a wide practice in Europe that the gratuity is included in your bill but also customary to leave a few coins at the table. It is NOT necessary to tip, as you are paying for an *all inclusive* , this means *everything* from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? A letter or comment to the management for *above and beyond* service of a certain employee would be just as effective. This is equivalent to $129.00 dollars of their currency (1=129). "Maybe it is time to put this subject to bed and move on to other things as it has been beaten to death .and some people are getting a bit hot under the collar -and that is something that is NOT wanted in this forum . Playa Paraiso. We try to remember the fridge person. I am looking for a higher end hotel with emphasis on service, cleanliness and spa. If you don't want to tip that's fine--and believe me there are a lot more people who don't tip at all than people who do. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Really, isn't one of the great things about an AI is that you don't need to and aren't expected to tip? Thank you for any help! This time we have found a cheaper rate on Orbitz and Travelocity - I am leary of booking by this. He was incredibly busy, but still made us feel like he had all the time in the world for us. . I don't pass judgement on anyone who chooses not to tip but I resent being made to feel guilty for giving a few dollars to someone who has worked very hard for me and who makes near slave wages. You could do a search as well. I don't think that those of us who tip a bit ruin anything for anyone. However, when your gratuity is included at a resort then why do you also feel it is necessary to pay several dollars each time a service is rendered? Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? Can I use the lazy river / wave pool at the Lindo if I stay at the Beach or Del Mar? It is not necessary to carry a wallet or purse all day just in case you need to purchase or tip someone. Pools usually close around sundown so they can clean them. This site is about finding help and helping others in their travels. What time do the pools and the beach close at the Iberostar Grand ? We'll be there the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I don't pass judgement on anyone who chooses not to tip but I resent being made to feel guilty for giving a few dollars to someone who has worked very hard for me and who makes near slave wages. i just want to say,thats allincl,meens sometimes,not always inc tips. I don't think that those of us who tip a bit ruin anything for anyone. It is NOT necessary to tip, as you are paying for an *all inclusive* , this means *everything* from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? . Answer 1 of 6: What about the spa? If you stay at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Cheap Eats? Adults????? aprata - When are you going? He probably ended up with $50, but we doled it out as we went along. Dear guest, We would like first of all to thank you for your great review of your stay with us at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. They deserve it! Playa Paraiso. And especially your room maid. $499 per night (Latest starting price for this hotel). Snoebel, that's right-I almost forgot, at Sandals they reward their staff with gifts. Duh! And especially your room maid. What are the differences and exchange privileges of the IB Playa Paraiso resorts? You can use them. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Remember that if you give a GIFT you need to leave a note saying that its a gift and give your name/room number (I made up little cards on my computer with this information). We are going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The difference is this - Go to an AI and tipping is included or as we say the gratuity is automatically paid at the time of booking. It is already paid for! To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Dont forget to tip the bellboys. What is it like can you use the roman bath, sauna and spa pool without extra charges. and if the service is good, food ectra,than i think pers you tip .the all will appreciat it.and to the travelag, we do tip in europe if you go out for a nice dinner,ore a drink in the bar you always gife a euro. Playa del Carmen Tourism Playa del Carmen Hotels Playa del Carmen Bed and Breakfast Playa del Carmen Holiday Rentals Playa del Carmen Packages "Maybe you could cut him a little slack.". It just seems like you're the one who's getting a bit worked up about the subject. but you are there in dec ,so you will see for your relves ,its a great resort ,with a lot off good empol, so you can tip a lot if you want. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and keep your pesos for shopping! Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-8469969', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');airfare, transfers, hotel, taxes, meals, non-motorized watersports, and GRATUITIES are included. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. This is not the environment we want for our clients. I guess you e-mailed your close resort manager friends today, to get this wealth of info and insight. Where you so graciously oblige them. Answer 1 of 26: On Tripadvisor's Playa Paraiso travel forum, travellers are asking questions and offering advice on topics like "What is in the minibar at the grand?". Playa Paraiso. Iberostar Grand Paraiso vs. They come back and complain about poor service when in fact it was only poor to THEM because they did not tip enough at a resort where it was supposed to be included. Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? I tipped her $2 every morning for her omlettes made to order. The only all-inclusive I've stayed at prohibited tips for these reasons. COZUMEL: How do I get there on the ferry? I hope you enjoy your stay at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and keep your pesos for shopping! Just returned from Iberostar Grand Any Questions? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. No! We found the service exceptional at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The only problem I can see is if extra tipping becomes expected by the employees and they hold it against non-extra tippers. . Thanks for your comments. Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? Playa Paraiso. Thank you for any help! aprata - When are you going? And leave that tip every day ($2-3 is good). Playa Paraiso Hotels Bed and Breakfast Playa Paraiso Playa Paraiso Holiday Rentals Flights to Playa Paraiso Playa Paraiso Restaurants Playa Paraiso Attractions Playa Paraiso Travel Forum Playa Paraiso Photos Playa Paraiso Map Playa Paraiso Guide All Playa Paraiso Hotels; Playa Paraiso Hotel Deals; Last Minute Hotels in Playa Paraiso Actually though, I do. He was there on Andrea's last visit. Thank you very much, that is very helpful! Gimmie a break! BUT, the workers DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The renowned golf course architect P.B. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This is not MY opinion, it is just the answer to the question of tipping at an all inclusive. Tipping! A complimentary comment to the management could aid in them being compensated even more in the form of raised pay or promotion. Local Restaurants? Thanks in. "In parts of the USA tipping must be much more common.". for the maids, is $2 per day ok? Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. The Iberostar Paraiso Beach is centrally located on the Riviera Maya, near one of the Yucatan Peninsula's most beautiful white-sand beaches, Playa de Punta Maroma. If you ask for something special (such as drinks for the mini-bar $1-2 is good). This is what I tip for good service at an AI: $1USD for each round of drinks, $3 at a buffet, $5 for full service breakfast or lunch, $10 at dinner, $5 each morning for housekeeping, $2 for turndown service, $1 for person stocking drinks in the room, $1 per bag for bellman. We tip while there. Iberostar Grand vs. Grand Palladium Colonial. This thread is almost as good and controversial as the tipping threads on cruisecritic.com!!!! We'll be there the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Can I use the lazy river / wave pool at the Lindo if I stay at the Beach or Del Mar? Answer 11 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. Answer 11 of 23: I've read a bunch of posts on who to tip, but haven't seen a lot of info on how much to tip each person. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Playa Paraiso Bed and Breakfast Just returned from Iberostar Grand Any Questions? What restaurants are at IB Lindo/Maya and what are the hours? It is not necessary to carry a wallet or purse all day just in case you need to purchase or tip someone. The purpose being that these comments may benefit them in additional gratuities. You can disagree with his opinion but do you have to be nasty to the person. How do you even know what they are paid in salary? 10 years ago Save You'll get lots of opinions on this one. Alternatively, you may use. Dont forget to tip the bellboys. It is a wide practice in Europe that the gratuity is included in your bill but also customary to leave a few coins at the table. If you still feel the need to do this, please, please do it DISCREETLY.

Plattsburgh State Hockey Tickets, Articles D

do you tip at iberostar grand paraisoLeave A Comment