Sell one like this. But only a year later in 1936 the Leitch Stand on Avenell Road despite being only 23 years old was showing signs of disrepair and costs to fix it were spiralling so the club decided to replace the stand with something like Ferriers West Stand. . The home fans didn't seem excited or interested. The two outdoor MLS venues in Los Angeles County will host their first games of 2021 later next month. They also ignored Albion fans who were standing. 1. If thats the case an overnight stay might appeal. The seats seemed very comfortable but the seat numbers are below the seat, which seems daft to me. In terms of food on offer, there is quite a wide choice. Press J to jump to the feed. For us Palace fans, it was a great game and a great result. We turned right as we came out of Arsenal station and the stadium was just a few minutes walk away. Go past the station and join the queue from the other side; on Sunday it was about a tenth of the other queue. After the Xhaka incident in the previous game and confrontations with fans I enjoyed singing "Xhaka's right. Plus I always enjoy away trips in London. As expected, Arsenal constantly pounded the Albion on the field, but it was disappointing to go down to a single goal three minutes from time. The total number of spectators at this level is 2,222. The stewards were low key and friendly, a few children in the away end couldn't see due to standing, they took them up to a higher vantage point which was a nice touch. It may be a better idea to alight at the next stop on the Piccadilly line which is Arsenal tube station. 3 yr. ago. Support A View From My Seat by using the links below to purchase tickets from our trusted partners. Ferriers masterplan began in 1931 with the extension of both end terraces that included the preparation of foundations of a new West Stand as well as the demolition of a house to provide access to the new stand from Highbury Hill. I always come to football with my granddaughter as my carer. The total project budget amounted to 390 million. From the station it is a 5 minute walk and the stadium and housing that was built with it are easily visible as soon as you turn right out of the station. Emirates Stadium - Arsenal - London - The Stadium Guide Club: Arsenal FC | Opening: 2006 | Capacity: 60,361 seats | Description: The Emirates Stadium replaced Arsenal's previous home Highbury, which had become too small and lacked the possiblities for expansion being hemmed in by housing. A most enjoyable day. We travelled on one of the supporters coaches which are parked in cordoned-off Queensland Street, immediately adjacent to the away fans entrances, so it couldn't have been easier to access the Emirates Stadium. I flew from Edinburgh to Gatwick in the morning and got a train into East Croydon to meet up with my stepson who lives in Croydon. We left a few minutes early and it paid off. Watford were on a poor run of form, but on a wet Tuesday night, we were brilliant. This second tier was for the prawn sandwich brigade. What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly? Arsenal station is quite old and there is a long tunnel that takes you up to ground level. Find Your Section View At Emirates Stadium, home of Arsenal FC, Arsenal Women. Singing continues all the way out of the ground and on the walk all the way back to the tube. It was obvious that a lot of Arsenal fans were very disgruntled during the game and especially after it. The state classifies each county into a tier based on its new COVID-19 case rate and test positivity rate. Matchday hospitality. my first visit to the Emirates stadium overcame my concerns about moving on from Highbury. For some unknown reason the stewards insisted on seeing your ticket to let you back to your seat during the game. We took our time leaving and we slowly walked back in the direction of the Arsenal Underground station. Click Here for all the latest videos regarding Arsenal. In an equally unusual twist, my wife reported a queue-free ladies experience! Their new stadium is certainly more in keeping with the modern premier league era. Unfortunately for us Arsenal were much better second half and turned the game on its head, albeit you wouldn't have known that judging by the home support who don't tend to make much noise at all. This was the end of building work at the Arsenal Stadium. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. 2006 - 2023 Live Football Tickets. From the ornamental cannons to the big concrete "ARSENAL" outside the Drayton Arms to the huge ex-player murals which decorate the sides of the stadium it has detail and character which other new grounds lack even given the slightly corporate feel. The atmosphere wasn't great from the Arsenal fans but nowadays that's expected. The game itself was a game of two halves, the first was good but it all fell apart in the second half, Robin van Persie scored his 100th league goal and it finished 3-0 to Arsenal. By Car: Leave the M1 at Junction 2 and onto the A1, following the signs for City (Central London). Its a long time back now but it still generates a buzz. A committed performance and a plan executed to perfection. Architecturallyit looks nice but due to the weaving design at the top of the stadium they have lost maybe a couple of thousand seats. The interior of the stadium is equally as impressive as the exterior with semi-circular shaped seating on all four sides and a massive upper tier. We headed to Kings Cross to find a pub and to chill out for an hour and a half. I would suggest any seat in Rows 1 to 7 from Block 133 to 93 (West Stand) or Block 110 to 115 (East). I expected to pay a fiver for the parking but discovered it was free for Blue Badge holders. The information will also be available on the New Stadium section of the Club's website later. At the Emirates, the away fans are always seated in one of the lower tier corners in the Clock End (see below). Comment on getting away from the ground after the game: Nightmare. Even with the recent decline of Arsenal, they are still in the 'top 6' so would be nice to get one over them. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The facilities here were really good. The away support are housed in the corner between the East Stand and the Clock End, the padded seats are a bonus but frankly on an away day- I never sit down! Sir Jack Hayward and Stan Cullis stands are shortside. Old Trafford stadium was originally built in 1909and was last renovated in 2006. After setting off at 5pm we eventually got to the M1 at 6.25pm. The Palace fans went wild. Norris wanted to merge both clubs and play at the newly built Craven Cottage, but the league refused, so Norris wanted Woolwich Arsenal to groundshare with Fulham, again with the league refusing permission. 2 tickets. The combination of a very narrow, twisting entrance and far too few urinals resulted in queues, yes Queues! Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club plc. The bitterness between the two dates back nearly a century but has become more and more heated since Chelsea received Roman Abramovichs millions. The Emirates stadium is of a good size being over 60,000 in capacity and is four-tiered all the way around, which looks impressive. We didn't have a great deal of time, but we did the typical get a picture in front of the stadium and watch the players warm up. The atmosphere is great, and the stadium is both central and classic. Unlike the cultural desert around White Hart Lane, there are plenty of places to stop en route to Emirates and sample decent food on the Holloway Road and even Upper Street. Sign In; Popular. Some of stadium not visible. Once inside the Emirates stadium it is certainly an impressive place. Top of the Table clash!! Paris Saint-Germain Tickets & Hospitality. Also, the stewards told you sit down frequently, which can be irritating. I am not a fan of curved stands personally. Rewind to the years of Wenger vs Fergie and Vieira vs Keane though and, boy, was this match hot. Very friendly and helpful. Any Arsenal fans I did meet on route were very friendly and kept a low profile. My complaints are how close the two sets of fans are to each other, just a narrow bar with a small number of stewards occupied. The Emirates Stadium is by far and away, the most modern ground in England, however it seemed more of a theatre than a football stadium. In 1964 Arsenal experimented with undersoil heating, which was not successful. Tube to Arsenal station, just around the corner from the Emirates Stadium. Just like the West Stand, the new East Stand did not disappoint. The stadium has an elevation of 4 tiers on the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand, 3 tiers on the short-side and North corners, and only 2 tiers for the Sir Bobby Charlton Stand. After picking up the obligatory match day programme, I had some food and drink inside. I was hoping for an underdog result in the quarter finals of the cup and for the terrific entrance price of just 10 it was well worth the visit! The stadium is four-tiered. Went straight to the first game at 2pm, so local pubs not sought. The attendance was 59,229. We then got a train to East Croydon and we were back in the house just after 11pm in time to catch most of Match of the Day! Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc.. Our bags were searched and we were frisked before entering the stadium. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 2023 Football Ground Guide. How many wheelchair accessible seats are there in the Emirates Stadium? Good sound and quite high. Advertisement. Alexander: What did last years baseball lockout achieve, anyway? No issues, with home and away fans mingling outside the ground. I was really excited about the trip because going to one of the big 4 away is an exciting prospect for most away fans. A.pint of Carlsberg and a Chicken and Mushroom pie for a mind-boggling 8.50! Why you were looking forward to going to the Emirates Stadium? We spoke to some Arsenal fans who said it could be 3 nil or 3 3 the way they were playing just now. . If you don't fancy it, I would prefer the Upper Tier for the view. We arrived about 10am and there was already a good atmosphere around the stadium. The traditional pub for away supporters is the Drayton Park, which is located near to Arsenal tube station and Drayton Park railway station. It can be done, but only if clubs put the fans at the core of their strategy. Drayton Park Station which is situated right by the stadium is closed at weekends. I would suggest any seat in Rows 1 to 7 from Block 133 to 93 (West Stand) or Block 110 to 115 (East). I'm just wondering before I buy my tickets, where the best place to sit in the stadium? Well done Mr Wenger, I dont always agree with his tippy tappy football but what he has done for the club is nothing but miraculous and the Emirates is a big part of his legacy! The entire upper tier was cantilevered over the bottom tier, which was an amazing engineering feat. Arsenal equalised with a Fabregas penalty at the death however, but we were happy simply to get a replay. See the plan of the stadiumbelow, or click here to open a larger version of the pdf in a new window. Both tours include access to the Arsenal museum. The old time piece from the Highbury Clock End now has pride of place in its new surroundings which is a lovely touch. Great stadium, great atmosphere but poor result. (adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle||[]).push({}); The Emirates Stadium is located in the Islington area, toward the north of London at just over 2 miles from Kings Cross St Pancras railway station. I flew back to Scotland the next morning. I can't help smiling about all the miserable Arsenal faces as we left the ground! QPR didnt play badly but the one terrible error cost us and we didnt have too many chances throughout the match. 111. section. Clive avoided the pre-match beers and we met him and saw Big Chris at the ground. Decent alternatives are stations Finsbury Park (Victoria and Piccadilly line) and Highbury & Islington (Victoria line and London overground). we wandered down to the Drayton Arms by the stadium nearer 1pm. Shortside Upper Tier 120. The away section was very impressive. San Siro Stadium - Useful Information for Visiting Supporters stadium gates opening: normally 2 hours before kick-off Visiting Supporters' Sector: 3rd tier - blue section (3 Anello Blu). Those seats would be at the front of the upper tier and close to the centre of the pitch. The Drayton pub near to the ground was full of both sets of supporters, who were happily singing away. click here to open a larger version of the pdf in a new window. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near to Arsenals ground via YourParkingSpace.co.uk. I was slightly disappointed with the facilities inside the stadium for the reasons mentioned, and very disappointed with the result, but Heigh-Ho, that's football! The atmosphere was strange as for the first game (Lyon v Villereal) there was hardly any noise from the fans, only Arsenal attacking in the second game brought them to life. Although Arsenal had the lion's share of possession, Palace were very quick to counter attack, and went ahead in the first half from a Benteke header, his first goal in over a year. First plans for the construction of a new stadium were made in the late 1990s, but also a move to the new Wembley Stadium was considered. For a modern stadium why is there not a purpose built coach park? Two weeks ago, Los Angeles joined Orange County in the slightly less restrictive red tier, which allows stadiums to open to 20 percent of capacity. I look forward to returning next season. How to convince my uncle to rent out an rv? Added to that, a first chance to visit the Emirates and compare with Highbury, which used to be one of my favourite away venues. Take your own food as it very expensive. The seats are padded and seemed slightly higher from the ground than at other stadiums that I have visited. A couple of Bournemouth supporters we spoke with said they would be happy with a draw. You get a cheer when they score and a couple chants of the repetitive 'Arrrseenal, Arrrseenal' and that is the lot! You surely will enjoy the fantastic english football atmosphere. A 1-1 draw so an extremely rare away point from a top-six side. Arsenal certainly had the balance of play and the better chances, but they found Fraser Forster in inspired form in the Southampton goal. Otherwise, alcohol is available inside the stadium. Norwich capitalized on this and went 1-0 up on 34 minutes through Josh Murphy. Taking a short walk around Gillespie Road you arrive at The Emirates, a huge development accessed by various bridges or steps it is an impressive structure. The new ground, built on the site of playing fields belonging to the St Johns College of Divinity at a cost of 125,000 and was designed by Archibald Leitch. Back onto the rather quiet coaches within a few minutes, and then a two hour crawl to get past the roadworks. However, I personally felt the food quality was high enough to get your moneys worth. Also the seats are a little far from the pitch. (GoDaddy), up to 2 seats together - No agency bookings, CENTRAL HALFWAY LINE - ALL SEATS TOGETHER. The Emirates Stadium is one of the most impressive grounds in the league and the away end is a good one too where away fans can generate a fair bit of noise, especially when travelling in bulk. You can take your time to look around and view things without the hustle and bustle of tens of thousands of fans making it a slightly more personable experience. The atmosphere was generally good from the home fans, it was louder than I expected as my opinion from TV games was that it was one of the quieter grounds in the Premier League. Brilliant. Sat in the away end, good view from the seat and some great atmosphere from the Brighton fans . (Alex Ferguson Stand and Bobby Charlton Stand). More nightlife can be found in the Islington area on Upper Street starting south of Highbury & Islington tube station an approximate 15 to 20-minute walk from the stadium. Absolute class. Something that always strikes me about many new stadiums is the lack of words spelt out in the seats mainly due to sponsorship reasons. . As you would expect the pub can get very crowded so try and get there early if possible! The overall atmosphere is usually generated by the away fans. There was a good sized Reading turnout located in the lower tier of seats, behind the Clock End goal. The stadium is opened 7 days a week for self-guided stadium tours. Twitter. Plus the Emirates Stadium is the best away ground I have visited in England. The only negative was how poor QPR had been for the previous 8 games only getting 1 point in 15 so coming here was always going to be a tough test for the R's! The away end is great padded seats and plenty of legroom. The other main down-side I noticed was the inadequacy of the men's toilets in the away section. Arsenal get one back thanks to a tremendous effort move including a back heel from Ozil that opens the defence and a cool finish from Welbeck. So my personal choice would be about 5 rows back in the North West corner, upper tier. The result ensured Palace were mathematically safe from relegation, although we knew we were virtually safe a few games earlier. View tickets. Highbury House According to the state, Los Angeles County is experiencing a new COVID-19 case rate of 3.1 per 100,000 residents and a test positivity rate of 1.5 percent. At Arsenal.? It was the first Palace win away to Arsenal for 25 years, and their first ever win at the Emirates. The first thing that struck me about the ground was that it didnt feel as though it held 60,000 fans, it felt smaller. Just a 10 minute walk away from the Emirates Stadium, which costs 20 for up to five hours. During the week trains depart from Moorgate as well. From the Clock End, to the dug outs to the art deco stands, it was a classy, stylish, stadium. Major changes were afoot and in 1930, Arsenal appointed architect Claude Waterlow Ferrier to design a new Highbury, to be known as Arsenal Stadium. All tickets are available to the general public. However, the lower tier offers very little leg room, and the seating is quite shallow, so the view is not 100%. The Bournemouth fans did give their team a good backing, but have to say I was disappointed with the lack of singing from Arsenal in an over 60,000 crowd. There were 8,000 Leeds fans all in one end, making such noise that we drowned out the Arsenal supporters. Direct train into London Marleybone. A wonderful modern day stadium and well worth the ticket price of 26. Again it is only a few minutes walk from here to the stadium. Another good away day following the Swans, apart from 45 minutes of second half Football. Card Payments are accepted for food and drink inside the stadium. We left the house in Croydon at 4pm, got the train in to London Bridge, tube to Kings Cross where we changed and got another tube to Holloway Road, pretty much beside the Emirates Stadium. The same problem occurs at every new ground, no one bothers to consider the transport issues, getting away from Highbury was bad enough but now there is 60,000 seemingly all trying to use the same tube station. We still enjoyed the day out though. Hearts in mouths. There are a few pubs and cafs in the immediate surroundings of the stadium, which is mainly residential, and some options to eat and drink along Holloway Road and Highbury Park road. What is the worst injury you had as a young child? Compared to going to Spurs, this was hassle free and took barely an hour each way for us. I've Passed the Emirates Stadium many times on the East Coast line into Kings Cross and had often dreamt of Doncaster Rovers playing there. Row Afc 4 tickets. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the stadium? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Prices may be higher or lower than face value. It is a fantastic ground, and I think it is a shame that they left it. The route includes the changing rooms and players tunnel. A London away day means a tube journey! Afterwards, we went for a walk around Regent Street, before heading back to Green Park to take the tube to Arsenal. Where thousands once flocked to watch there heros play, people now walk their dogs and lounge on their sofas and where there were once turnstiles there are now apartment front doors. One thing which did strike me though was how late the ground filled up. The result may not have gone our way, but it was a memorable night for all Norwich fans at the Emirates Stadium and one which I will never forget. Leicester started well, their record at Arsenal is awful but previous visits had always provided goals so we were in for a good game. A Palace fan in front of us as we left the stadium was loudly letting the world know Palace had won. I enjoyed the day, but was disappointed by atmosphere in the ground. With our Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers tickets, you will get your own seat in the Emirates Stadium on matchday. The game was settled by a David Luiz header from a corner after 10 minutes to give Arsenal the 3 points. By the late stages of the game you had to wade through a lake of urine to get in there! The exact number of available tickets at each venue is also bound by the states physical-distancing mandates. Its not your only option though; the Argyle Apart Hotel will cost you circa twice as much but is only half a mile from the Emirates. We lost 3-1 but should have got better than we did! I travelled on one of the official supporters coaches. Arsenal equalised very early in the second half, and we did hear the home fans then. The game was competitive and fairly even throughout. Supporters are not advised to arrive by car on matchdays, and there is little parking available around the Emirates Stadium on non-matchdays. He once recorded a keyboard solo on the same album as two of the original Doors. 18. row. The queues for the tube were short and we had no problem getting on a train. Website. The tube station queue was massive after the game, luckily we were staying over so we took an over ground train, which was easier. I have wanted to get to a game at 'The Emirates' for some years, having passed it several times on the Dundee to Kings Cross train. It is then about a 10 to 15 minute walk from Finsbury Park to the stadium. My seat was in block 22 and I was in the second last row (28) which meant that I was not able to see all of the stadium bowl. The stewards, who were very friendly and helpful, noticed I had mobility issues and moved us to a raised wheelchair area where there were a few vacant seats. Arsenal fans smiling and taunting everywhere. The Family section is spread on 7 blocks in the West Stand and South West Corner (Blocks FAMW206 to FAMW212). The ground boasted a 2000 seat stand on the north side, a covered terrace on the south side and a vast Spion Kop on the east side of the ground with a sewer running behind. Watching football in a stadium such as this is almost an indulgence (as it should be for the price of a season ticket!). Upper Tier; 91 Emirates Stadium (2) 93 Emirates Stadium (2) 94 Emirates Stadium (1) 95 Emirates Stadium (1) 97 Emirates Stadium (1) 101 Emirates Stadium (3) 102 Emirates Stadium (1) Los Angeles and Orange counties began the month in the most restrictive (purple) tier. When planning my journey the first thing I did was look at my schedule to see how I could get enough time to visit what remains of Highbury. I suppose it is a well publicised fact that the Emirates is a hot spot for tourist fans and corporate hospitality, but it's a great chance for your own fans to boss the acoustics! Emirates is good, but lacks in the atmosphere that Arsenal had so much of at Highbury. Inside the stadium, atmosphere was lacking. , Friendly Match Arsenal vs Juventus 17 Dec 2022, Great seat, opposite the tunnel, nice padded wide seat plenty of leg roomrn, Sat in the away end, good view from the seat and some great atmosphere from the Brighton fans. We managed to gift Arsenal a first goal after a sloppy pass-out from defence but even after Arsenal scored a second, deflected goal in the second half, I felt a Reading goal would have change the nature of the game. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out: Two matches for 29, seeing some good football played at a great stadium. Very Guardianista, but when in Rome. Take the next left at the traffic lights into Hornsey Road and Arsenals Emirates stadium is about a 1/4 of a mile further down this road. There has also been discussions on the implementation of safe standing. I follow the Swans with a passion and another league game chalked off. Also I'd never been to the Emirates Stadium before and there's no better way to go than with your team. I had previously been to Highbury many times and to the Emirates once. 4. Buy. Having now done 86 of the current 92 I've had good experience of stadiums in the English league and I must say this one tops the list. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be): I define myself as a football fan as a traditionalist and anti-modern stadia but Arsenal seem to have actually done a decent job on the Emirates. Also having some good friends and work colleagues as Arsenal fans always adds to the interest. Drove a minibus so parked right next to the ground. The seats inside the stadium are padded, which instantly makes them the most luxurious I've experienced. Onto the game a similar story in recent weeks, a poor decision from the officials denied us a corner and then a costly error from that decision by Shaun Wright-Phillips gave Robin Van Persie the chance to equal the most Premier League goals scored in a calendar year which he gratefully accepted. After being searched by stewards outside the turnstiles, entrance to the stadium is gained via electronic turnstiles, where you need to enter your ticket into a bar code reader. Having never been to the Emirates Stadium before, I was excited to see if it was as amazing as people had described it to be. Leeds played really well in the first half but failed to scorehalf time 0-0. Home fans were friendly and in good spirits too. What do you wish you could do within walking distance of your home? The stadium was complimented by what can only be described as the most pristine playing surface I have seen, in itself a work of art, and one that must be fantastic to play on.

Michael Skurnik Net Worth, Damian Football'' Williams, Promoting Reproductive Health And Wellness Slogan, Cranial Bones Develop, Articles E

emirates stadium shortside upper tier viewLeave A Comment