Voice actorHis voice was dubbed, obviously. Dugu, mother of Liancheng dies from sucking the poisonous blood of Lianxi. the glamorous imperial concubine recap. Towards the end she suddenly becomes crazy and murderous (though she snapped out of it in 1 episode) that I find totally out of character and I was in disbelief; I thought she is just pretending. But apart from marriage, Liancheng seems to have a stronger footing when governing his country, he is more strong in his opinion and expressing his opinion. I was never a Taiwan drama fan so I never knew of his existence although I heard of the tale of 2 Wallaces. . The heartbreaking reconciliation on her death bed, the pain every time he thinks in her eyes he is never good enough. I bet anyone who watches this series will feel pity for Kara Hui and that is why she alone will be the reason why I highly recommend this series. And there were plenty of suggestion of a budding romance between him and Suyao but it went nowhere. I will say she should have killed herself by episode 2, that way Qiyou can happily marry Liansi and strengthen his rule, Liancheng might love Xiangyun back and her creepy brother would not have lived to do the evil things he did. After all Chinese measure of beauty is sorry to say, fairness. You dont hear her real voice, but you will see the way her lips bite her tongue and I suspect she must have gone for perfect diction sort of delivering her lines. Lianxi becomes the emperor of Northern Han as he promised Dugu to rule well and marries no one we know of. Yehua (Mark Chao) appears briefly in a dream but disappears the moment she wakes. decide not to watch as cant stand ruby playing helpless again. He cries beautifully but not to divert attention from another gorgeous man that is Yan Kuan, I shall speak more of him later. This is one mother who should have killed herself rather than burden her daughter by her very existence. English title: The Glamorous Imperial Concubine Genre: Historical, romance Episodes: 42 Broadcast network: Hunan TV Broadcast period: 2011-Sep-30 start Air time: 22:00 Opening theme song: Qing Shi Huang Fei () by Ruby Lin Ending theme song: Qing Ting Wo () by Ruby Lin Insert song: Qing Shi () by Wallace Huo Synopsis Of course when Du Fei Hong died, Qiyou became bland, because he was only concerned with Ma Fuya and the love aspect. They mark the pitch of competing powers, the end of some and the ascendancy the glamorous imperial concubine recap. They just trashed a great love story by introducing a new villain just a few episodes from the end who despite his obvious evil intent is managing to fool everyone and drive a wedge between these two characters who have loved each other through thick and thin. Remember, Wallace Huo from Taiwan and not Wallace Chung from HK (TVB fans will remember his sorta debut as Kenny Bee in that autobiography (NOT) of Wynners many many years ago). Another would of course be the hot guys. No one does it better than him, the weight of the world on his shoulders and he looks like he doesnt give a damn, which is what makes his Liu Lian Cheng so irresistible. Kara Hui is AWESOME in the series. This is a man who understands love but doesnt know how to love properly as opposed to Meng Qiyou. Why did Wallaces character never love his own wife either? [1] For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for The Glamorous Imperial Concubine. Empress Du Fei Hong is, I am willing to admit why this series rocks. The scene where he tore her clothes and forced himself on him, she protesting and yet you know she wants it. Then theres Xiangyuns father who never loved his own daughter. She is terribly annoying and she plays her part well. His best crying scene has to be when he was by the river, munching on the persimmon cake and left tear down, then right tear down as he wonders why wont Fuya love him. Yes Liancheng is abusive but this woman, she so craves contact with his skin that she provokes him into hitting her. Her voice is dubbed, thank god, and her voice dubber gave her more emotion than she showed on screen. Based on if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'jaynestars_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_3',638,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-medrectangle-4-0'); The novel of the same title by Murong Yan Er which apparently does not have any resemblance with this series except for the core characters. Mesmerising eyes. In fact his father never loved anyone but himself. You know, I normally dont agree with Funns reviews (sorry about that) but I thought this review was quite accurate to how I felt about this series, the parts I read anyway. By then his father is dead, his mother is sick, his mother wants him to save Qiyou but it was Qixing himself who refuses to listen to reason. glamorous imperial concubine ending explained 3- Classes pack for $45 glamorous imperial concubine ending explained for new clients only. Publicado en 88000 . And then he became the first and foremost reason, until I decided my heart can have 2 men at one go although Wallace (oh how my heart flutters) remains numero uno since then.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'jaynestars_com-leader-3','ezslot_17',643,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-leader-3-0'); In episode 1 this beautiful man, with the most beautiful head gear and a huge fur coat on his shoulder (like some dead purple fox draped over his shoulder) looking rather sad, melancholic and depressed all rolled into one. However only in rare circumstances should dubbed voice be used and with Kara Hui, it magnified her excellent performance. Not that I think highly of Fuya but I just want my Liancheng to be happy. That is basically what Qing Shi Huang Fei is. He could kill Imperial Concubine Li in the same way that he had . Starring Ruby Lin with Kevin Yan and Wallace Huo, it was Lin's producing debut. Lending support to wife Ruby Lins production, it has been 2 years since the actor last appeared onscreen! Anger, pain, happiness, doubt, everything. Xiangyun is so busy plotting and all, she just forgot that to get to Lianchengs heart, just be nice, play nice, play fair. The best of all characters of father, with the best actor and the worst character has to be Qiyous father, the Emperor of Shu. In fact when she died I was like good riddance. But why I love Wallace Huo in those scenes is because whilst he doesnt hold back in his aggression, I cant hate him, mainly because Ma Xiangyun asked for it (oh let me explain that later!) But I feel by that time the series was about to end and whatever character development, it just didnt matter anymore. Empress of Chu died by falling to her death, accidentally pushed by Yunzhu who was deliberately pushed byDuyun? Performance wise, yes Yan Kuan does seem to have a bad deal with his awful ending and less focus on him as opposed to when we see Wallace, he is almost the main focus. Usually I do not like dubbing but in her case, it enhances her performance, to let us enjoy her every expression, her every emotion without being distracted by her original voice. She lived not like a widow; worse, she lived like she was all alone. I find Fuyas treatment of Liancheng like as if she is using him. Disgusting man. You can hear that in Huan Zhu Gege which gave her performance an edge over others. From inside room to outside garden, it seems his death took him around the palace and still he can carry on about 10 minutes monologue before dying. Anyway just an observation or rather my failed attempt in prolonging this review. You can say she did good things for him but the truth is if Liancheng understands love but doesnt know how to love properly, Xiangyun is someone who thinks she understands love but in the end her sort of love is those that you dont want. Second marriage gave her shelter to heal her broken heart. +$12.00 shipping. It is like she appears just so to be Qiyous confidant companion and of course she is quickly forgotten when Fuya appears. Having been through hardships together for many years, Fuya fell for Qiyou whilst Qiyou too fell for Fuya and decided not to use Fuya for his own political gain whilst Fuya discovers why Qiyou chose her is because of her resemblance to his fathers favourite concubine, Concubine Mei. One loyal minister of Shu died by knocking his head on some stone. This is one character who doesnt know love at all, worse than Liancheng, he just want to possess and so we can assume he rapes the conscious but drugged out Liansi. Anyway Lianxi is one character I grew to like towards the end. Zilan reports the anomalies which clues the royal family in on the possibility that Yehua may have returned. However whilst Qiyou is billed as a compassionate talented would-be ruler, even Liancheng thinks highly of him, the problem with this series is what happened after Qiyou becomes Emperor shows to me he does not have the strength in character to be an emperor. Qiyous faithful eunuch Xiao Xingan dies from drinking poison given by Qixing meant for Qiyou. If it is the story, better not. But I suppose that suits her character; if she is so likeable how can you go YEAH! She is not a bad mother but she had to be one to safeguard her sons and the one son she wanted desperately for him to love her is Qiyou who also desperately want her to love him until at one point he just gave up. The fact he did made him a villain and yet I am sure viewers will be incapable of hating him because by that point he is such a pitiful man you just feel sorry for him. I can still remember her scene flogging Yan Kuan and it looked so real that it hurts but you can also feel her anger that her son would love the other woman more than he loves her. But I must say whenever I dont see Liancheng but I see Qiyou, Qiyou was always interesting, and this was when Du Fei Hong was alive. He is unwanted, unloved, unappreciated and Yan Kuan epitomises all that whenever he shares a scene with Kara Hui. If she advises C, he will do D. Basically everything she says or does, he will do opposite and say opposite. This is Kara Hui as you have probably seen before but not given much thought. Liu Tao I believe is the actress who plays Qiyous courtesan/mistress. He seems cold and evil but you cant deny these brothers are very very close. Quite a huge reality check to see her so messy, so dirty and bloodied as well. PerformancesGenerally, pretty good supporting performances by all 3, even if Tony Yang looks weird as some poison sect chieftain look. He had to send his favourite mistress away. Like he is a crushed man. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete. I was in fact rather shocked with her looks when she was in prison, about to be executed. But yet somehow you get the feeling of a desperate soul trapped in a desperately unhappy situation and later on in a worser still circumstances; marrying the woman you know hurt the woman you love and so you hate that woman, unable to accept her. I always thought Qiyou loved Mei more than as a mother; there were plenty of suggestions he was in love with her but the series never took up that suggestion which is to me such a pity. Poor Liancheng cuckolded. Every night I will switch on TV to watch this beautiful man. CharacterThe other man to capture my heart as the series went along is Meng Qiyou. Funn Lin thank you and I love you. For me he uses her for his own gain. Concubine Han died by poison from Fuya. Ruby Lin Next Target of Official Crackdown? Movies Like Ponniyin Selvan: Part I (2022): Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (2010), Curse Of The Golden Flower (2006), Your Highness (2011), Aguirre, The Wrath Of God (1972), Mirror Mirror (2012/i), Exodus: Gods And Kings (2014), The Lord Of The Rings (1978), Gladiator (2000), The 13th Warrior (1999), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), The Message (1976) Never have I ever looked upon a Chinese man and go What a beautiful creature. She never killed Mei I think, I am not sure. For one, Liu Lian Cheng is a conflicted character that will seize and demand your attention and make you love and hate him and to Wallaces credit, he did not hold back. In this series, she is at times ok, at times competent but mostly seriously inadequate. His evil wife died from.. The other characters seem like truly supporting for some, for others merely walk on roles. That makes Liancheng a better Emperor. I cant believe how 1000% he is into making sure his only daughter is ok, whilst he too love his only son, but not more than his Fuya. There is no online registration for the intro class . It's based on the novel of the same name by Murong Yin Er. I clapped at his ending; never before there has been a more justified ending for a character than that for Ma Duyun. First marriage protected her from being executed with her family. I am however perplexed how such a character can survive in a palace with her talkative nature and the fact she talks back, no matter who that person is. Competent on a good day, terribly inadequate in most and absolutely horrid on her worst day. The last reason is simply because this series for the most part has memorable characters which are almost well written but because it is also rather long, the momentum is lost towards the end. Depends why youre torn. I wouldnt mind Yan Kuans accent be used. Lady Yehenara, otherwise known as Empress Dowager Cixi, was arguably one of the most successful concubines in China's history. Sun Xi as Muo Chou is kind of a pointless character. I am under no illusion that Wallace Huo is not the greatest actor ever, I think this sentence alone is wrong grammatically. He is abusive to her, physically when he hits her, mentally when he ignores her and emotionally when he refuses to return her love. THE PRINCE OF NOTHING. Because if not I cant explain how this series just nosedived. For Fuya, she feels suffocated with him, and yet when she tenderly touches him when he doesnt notice it, you will think perhaps if if he had saved her first when she first came to Nothern Han, they could have been a beautiful couple. Whatever stupidity I see on screen, Wallace Huos beauty blinded me from the obvious flaws and made me think this series is great. They have similiar backgrounds and rejection but between them, Liancheng is the luckier one. PerformanceI am under no illusion that Wallace Huo is not the greatest actor ever. Because Mao Zijun as Ma Duyun is simply not interesting enough to hold my attention. But back to wallace. You may pity her, for years she married Liancheng and he never touched her except for twice and twice also never completed the deed. She is at lest 3 years older than her 2 main leads, she is probably 2 decades older than her character at the start of the series, she is not even pretty to be called Qing shi. Deep down he is a very sad character. One is when he meets a mask covered Ma Fuya and he was sitting very arrogantly and giving her that I dont give a damn look until he heard her voice and he knew it was her and his look, unchanged except for that momentary shift in his eyes that you know, he knows. What better than some huge crush on your own mom eh? What is imperial concubine? Anyway Qiyun is a good guy, a better brother who in the end became emperor when Qiyou died. This series suffers from character development because a better part of this series is used to develop the characters of Liancheng, Qiyou and Du Feihong. If just for curiosity sake, please do watch. I actually thought she died before him but in actual fact she was just sick. What more can I say? From the little we know, Du Fei Hong must have been the generals daughter, a capable woman who fought alongside her husband whom to her is a love marriage but to him a marriage of convenience. He would do ANYTHING for Fuya, including throwing away his kingdom. Since this is not his love story. but can she get it all back? But seriously, the worst has to be her face and the way she delivers her lines. But I feel if those episodes were not edited out and we see Lian Cheng as in the book version, I will find him disgusting. He is that beautiful and his performance whilst not spectacular and perfect, it is great enough to leave a lasting impression. His death scene was funny though. It was a fantastically acted scene and a great scene as well. HDTV is not for him in those scenes. Oh it hurts! The other factor I dont like is the editing of the story. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine Release year: 2011 In the 10th century, a Chinese princess uses her wiles to gain power and exact vengeance after her uncle seizes the throne and kills her family. Where To Buy Planet Clothing, Winter Sonata Mydramalist , Gigglebiz Rapids Johnson's Rain Dance , Washington Vs Auburn Baseball Live Stream , Virgin Again Pills In Nigeria , Restaurants In Homer Glen , Penn State Football Transfer Portal 2021 , Insert Document Into Word 2016 As Icon , Baby . I am personally, first and foremost, a Yan Kuan fan. The joke is she killed the man she loved. I didnt feel sorry for him at all. Having no reason draws me to him. She is a conflicted woman. Naylor appropriates some of these elements and transmogrifies others. And poor Qiyou, not even Fuya, RUNNN!!!!!. I hated this character and I didnt feel sad at all when she died. Episode 2 47m I watched this series for him. If he had forced his daughter to marry someone for the sake of strengthening his rule, he wouldnt have suffered his end. I know of Wallaces fans or other fans who skipped all parts except for Lianchengs scenes. But the accent is again neutral. He has this beautiful looking face and his acting as Han Ming is ok. Basically he doesnt have much to do. That to me is subtlety at its best. I do have a question, because in your review you state that you dont understand why Fuya wont love Wallaces character but didnt he kill her father? Most often asked question by meEmpress Du, why wont you love Qiyou back?. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_8',639,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');Spoiler. However Liansis end is scary and that is because of the next character I will comment on. Rubys performance in itself is a travesty for the most part. She has never been a good actress. Contains spam, fake content or potential malware, Qing Sheng Sheng Yu Mong Mong/Romance In The Rain, Actresses Who Were Sexually Harassed On Set, Ruby Lin Models a Good Marriage for Daughter, Ruby Lin to Produce New Drama Focusing on the Pandemic, Ruby Lin Considers Filming Light the Night Season 4 and Movie, Ruby Lin Shares Challenges of Producing Light the Night, Wallace Huo Seeks Revenge in Light the Night Season 2, Ruby Lins Light the Night to Shed Light Into a Murder in Season 2, Wallace Huo Makes Surprise Cameo in Light the Night. Here he has more role. Just remember, Wallace Huo cries beautifully. They were close as children since they grew up together but at some point Qiyou became cold towards him but that was after he found out Mei whom he loved very much on her deathbed asked her husband to make Qiyun Emperor and not Qiyou. is there a cantonese version, otherwise i wont watch it. Only Yan Kuan of all the actors I have seen can vomit blood so elegantly, so beautifully, so effectively. Her best scene throughout the series but another best scene to me has to be the one where after her husband died, she went to a room where there was his armour and it was there we learnt how important her contribution to Shu as she poured out her bitterness and her anger and finally her confession that despite all that he did, she still loved him. She walks in and out like it is some hotel and even had sex with him. Commentsif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'jaynestars_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_15',641,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); Have you ever come across a series where you love the series for some reasons but looking at it wholly, you just hate it because it had the potential to become a beautiful thing but turned out to be an epic failure? He is attracted to Fuya because she is honest to him without asking anything in return (although I will disagree on that). Fuya and Xiangyun are supposed to be great dancers but there is nothing graceful. Those who loves her protects her till death. She actually left her that way. Later on in the series, you will see interactions with his mother, the Empress Dowager and believe me when I say he is the King of Retorts. Liancheng dies shielding Fuya from the arrow by Xiangyun. Whilst Fuya loves him, she had to leave him too due to political reasons, twice she had to do so. Or maybe I can but that will take a whole lot gigabytes for me to explain, which I wont do simply because it hurts to relive those moments. In her novel, also a romance, Prospero becomes Mama Day, Sycorax the vicious . Maybe in part it is Ruby Lin's fault. So you can imagine what the creep does next. The battles between princes took place in the court, and the imperial concubine mothers of these princes messed around in the inner palace. Lianxi became my favourite character when Liancheng died because everything he does after that was for Liancheng, and he I suppose became a better ruler. And I love that scene. Filming for the series started on 19 January 2011 in Hengdian and wrapped up on 6 April 2011. Whilst Wallaces Liancheng also has issues with his own mother, you can see Liancheng is more in control whilst for Qiyou, he is not in control of anything at all. Such words are interchangeable between the 2. He treats her with sincerity but she remains unmoved; she in fact plotted to free her beloved behind his back all along. However I did not like this character at first when he seems overly concerned over Fuya. He would have been Legolas if he was younger. It is not because she got to kiss Wallace. He can vomit blood, cry and be angry all at the same time. The makeup is beautiful though and Ruby seems to pay more attention to her male leads costumes than anyone else, in particular Wallaces. But in the end I dont get the point of her character. In fact he has my vote as the most pitiful character ever to grace the TV. I think I have covered all the important deaths. Qiyou dies when trying to save Fuya by arrows and then falling into the river. . Yes, amateur! And yet he never once attempted to kill Empress Dowage Gudu. Under his rule, he almost lost his kingdom. Rachel Lee, Leila Tong, and more actresses were groped during filming. She seems such a terrible woman, such a bad mother but as you watched along, you will realise what drove her to be the way she is. It is weird logic but if you watch this series you will understand why there is absolutely no need to justify why he did what he did. All the years of acting and she still acts so stiffly. the glamorous imperial concubine ending explained. And the last one, Duyun dies after Fuya stabbed him on the neck with her hairpin. I will commend Ruby on being a good producer by the looks of the costumes and all. Maybe because he looked arrogant, maybe because I felt Ma Fuya should be with Liu Liancheng, seeing Qiyou as a competition. How can these pair become such? Emperor of Shu dies from same poison as Emperor of Chu. I have seen some BTS with Wallaces original voice. Of course I do not know what happened to Muo Chou. It is to me the same complex problem as posed by TVB male characters wearing jackets even in the house or the fact that female characters never let go of their handbags, ever. He looks arrogant and is cold and calculating, but he is really soft-hearted and gentle underneath. But the one thing he does best is his very expressive eyes. She makes decision for Qiyou without first asking him. I would have cringed if another lesser actor portrayed this role and to see him crawl to that hated she-devil Ma Fuya begging for forgiveness, my blood boiled. For the others, no particular scene stood out for me. I will however attempt a short brief summary, about 6 pages will be it. Bravo! In 10th-century imperial China during the Five Dynasties and Ten . Her life is perfect until one coup by her dastardly uncle, father of Xiangyun ended her fathers life, supposedly her mothers life, separated her from her younger brother who was then rescued by a weird fellow who abused him for many years and she herself nearly lost her life. When he reconciled with his mom, she dies. No one does it better, and he did everything with style. I realised afterwards, that you might have answered my question in your review, but I only skimmed it and avoided too many spoilers since I hadnt watched it yet. 8.3. If it is the girls, maybe dont watch. You could read my post by post in my errr post since if I were to write a recap this review will be too long. I checked her filmography and she is the Guan Yin in the 2011 Journey To The West and may I say the worst portrayal of Guan Yin on a Chinese TV series thus far. His best scenes are with Kara Hui, and every scene he is with Kara Hui is his best performance of that episode. when Liancheng hit her? A pity his real voice is not used or if used, he certainly sounded higher pitched. I mean some even argued it is illogical in the first place when we have essentially most of the hot guys (young and old) running after Ruby Lin, who essentially is older than the 2 leading actors by a few years. Look, I am no fan of Ruby Lins acting, but it is understandable she should cast herself as the leading actress since she is the producer. He is supposed to be a few years younger than Wang Lins Concubine Han but when theyre together he looks like he is at least 2 decades younger. And in that final moment, even the writer, editor, director, producer all have abandoned him. Best sceneShe has a best scene which is the only part I feel Ruby Lin displayed some resemblance of an acting performance and that was when she discovered Lianchengs was the cause of her kingdoms downfall and she screams and cries as he held her and she looked at him with hatred and anger. Best actionCrying. ! and he answers back as he again I believe vomits blood Because you were never a mother to me and it was such a heartbreaking scene. Fuyas unborn child was killed by Duyun who pressed hard onto her stomach when she was semi conscious.

Converting Llc To S Corp With Negative Retained Earnings, Fuerzas Internas Y Externas De Una Empresa, Chautauqua County Real Property Gis, Knuckles Down In Golf Takeaway, Emotiva Australian Distributor, Articles G

glamorous imperial concubine ending explainedLeave A Comment