Taking new publicity photos requires intention and purpose. 1 How many platinum albums did Whitney Houston have? But while platinum albums are so pivotal to so many discussions,there's oddly no publicly available master list of every hip-hopalbum to hit the one-million in sales landmark. [2][10] The album performed well commercially and was later certified 3x Multi-Platinum by the RIAA. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Now dead for longer than he was alive, the rappers aura has not diminished. 7. It is similar to the score of artists like Oasis and Janet Jackson. NBA Youngboy is a popular rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Where did Whitney Houston have her listening party? 2 was certified five times platinum by the RIAA and won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album in 1999. Wiki User. Along with a pair of platinum albums, 2017's Issa Album and 2018's I Am > I Was, 21 has earned 11 platinum-certified singles as a lead artist: "Bank Account" (6x platinum), "A Lot" (5x), "X" (2x), "No Heart" (2x), "Runnin" (1x), "Mr. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) says that, in the last 41 years, Kiss have earned 30 gold albums - 26 Kiss records and the four solo albums released simultaneously in 1978. Until 2006, at least one major release came out every year, most of which were studio albums. The discography of American rapper the Game consists of 11 studio albums, six compilation albums, two soundtrack albums, 15 mixtapes, 31 singles (including 15 as a featured artist) and 39 music videos. I really appreciate that you took from your time to provide me with an answer that is valid, you dont know how much it means to me to finally understand this concept once again; thank you! most slapped. In the following results table, all categories display figures in equivalent album sales. Killed 18 months after his real breakthrough in the US, and spending nearly half of this time in jail, 2Pac claims no less than 10 platinum albums in his homeland. As for orphan songs, the two obvious high notes are Changes and Hit Em Up. Doctor's Advocate produced three singles "It's Okay (One Blood)" with reggae singer Junior Reid, "Let's Ride" and "Wouldn't Get Far" with rapper Kanye West. Omg i love the Tupac update. A notable one is Lauryn Hills Miseducation (13m) but thats more soul/r&b than rap. It (actually) sucks for Macklemore. Did you realizeSnoop Dogg has more platinum albums than Kanye and as many as Eminem? Since entering the music industry in 1992 with Dr. Dre and Death Row Records, the Doggfather has gone on to have a varied and highly successful career. Because I feel like Im missing someone, like where would Nelly, The Notorious Big or Beastie Boys fit in the list? Monica Miuccio Album Songs- Download Monica Miuccio all albums hit songs or play Monica Miuccio new albums MP3 songs. 1 was Saving All My Love for You in 1985 when she was 22. NieR: Automata 's success is incredible. The remaining tracks werent widely available as singles, most have been issued as collector items recently. This means it generated 4,178,000 of its 10,870,000 album sales and so forth for the other records. Hopes were gone though when Suge Knight, Death Row Records co-founder and CEO, but also a murderer who got all his deals off intimidations and violence, took 2Pac off prison by paying his bail of $1.4 million to get his signing to the label in exchange. Music club sales, very relevant during the 90s, werent accounted for on its last certification. How many albums does Taylor Swift have? James Blunt - Back To Bedlam (2005) - 10 x Platinum. Notorious B.I.G. Kanye has around 70-75 million EAS . How many platinum albums does the Beatles have? The discography of American singer Whitney Houston (19632012) consists of seven studio albums, six compilations, two soundtrack albums, five box sets, six extended plays, and 57 singles. Diamond (10+ Million) Certified (From Wikipedia) . Discography. At just 21 years old, NBA Youngboy is one of the most successful young rappers in the music industry today. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. 2: Change of Plans", "New Music: Tyga 'Well Done 3' [Mixtape]", "Joe Moses Ft Game & Snoop Dogg I Do It For The Ratchets (Remix)", "Tyrese - Invisible Bully: The Lost Tapes // Free Mixtape @", "Masia One f. Pharrell, Game & Isis Errrybody", "FRESH HEAT: @ComptonMenace "Let A Bitch Know", "Red Cafe "American Psycho" Mixtape Download & Stream", "Metta World Peace f. Game, Big Noyd, Big Kap, Deacon & Bengi "Represented Remix", "Master P "Al Capone" Mixtape Download & Stream", "Tony Jones f. Game "Everything You Want", "Listen: Compton Menace f/ Wiz Khalifa and The Game "Ain't No Changing Me (Remix)", "Problem "The Separation" Mixtape Tracklist, Cover Art", "French Montana f. Crooked I, Problem, Game & Dizzy Wright - Ain't Worried About Nothing Remix", "Tech N9ne "Something Else" Release Date, Tracklist & Both Cover Art Versions", "Ty Dolla $ign "Beach House 2" Cover Art, Tracklist, Download & Mixtape Stream", "YMCMB & Friends "Rich Gang" Release Date, Cover Art & Tracklist", "Clyde Carson f. Young Jeezy & Game - Pour Up Remix", "New Mixtape: DJ Kay Slay The Rise Of The City", "Fat Joe & Remy Ma Recruit Snoop Dogg, E-40 & The Game for Westside Remix of 'All the Way Up', https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Game_discography&oldid=1127170476. He has also had his music featured in many movies, television shows, and video games. Because a gold, or platinum or, better still, multi platinum record means financial success. All games will be played at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida. 5 What songs have gone platinum 10 times? The album is a double album yet, while the RIAA certifies every disc, effectively confirming 5 million sales of the album rather than 10 million. Smile, a Scarface single with 2Pac featured, sold over 500,000 units in the US in 1997. Once again without the involvement of Dr. Dre. 2003 2Pac ft. 3: Life and Times of S. Carter by JAY Z", "The Dynasty Roc La Familia 2000 by JAY Z", "The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse by JAY Z", "The Source |Today In Hip Hop History: Jay-Z Released His 11th LP 'The Blueprint 3' 11 Years Ago", "ARIA Charts Accreditations 2010 Albums", Australian Recording Industry Association, Syndicat National de l'dition Phonographique, "Jay-Z Announces New Album, 'Magna Carta Holy Grail,' In Samsung Commercial", "Hip Hop Album Sales: Week Ending 2/23/2014", "The Best of Both Worlds by JAY Z & R. Kelly", "Collision Course by JAY Z & Linkin Park", "ARIA Charts Accreditations 2004 Albums", "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community (Certifications: Jay-Z)", "Hip Hop Album Sales: Week Ending 5/20/2012", "Jay-Z And Kanye West Receive Platinum Plaques For 'Watch The Throne', "ARIA Charts Accreditations 2016 Albums", "5 Seconds of Summer Earn Third No. He first started to gain recognition in 2014, with the release of his song Bake Freestyle. He has since released several mixtapes and albums, including the platinum album Aint Too Long. As of 2020, NBA Youngboy has a total of four platinum albums. The albums included hit singles such as "Big Pimpin'" and "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)" and featured several guest appearances from artists signed to Roc-A-Fella Records. The HBS adjustable track bar solves. R U Still Down?, Still I Rise, Until the End of Time, Better Dayz, Resurrection, Loyal to the Game, they all managed to secure at least 2.15 million sales, even up to 8 years after his passing once the hype was way behind. While nothing else comes close to this magnitude of sales, the remaining records combine for nearly 7 million sales. Well there you have it, a list of every single platinum artist in hip-hop's illustrious history; shout . Lil Durk is an American rapper who has released two platinum-selling albums. California Love is far and away the biggest at 4.8 million sales, an incredible number for a 90s song. He made no compromise, no adjustment to look better or more gangsta, he was 100% him, day in, day out. How to get the Perfect Release The Importance of the Perfect Release Why is the Perfect Release Important? 2 What is Whitney Houston best selling album? With this in mind, the total impresses positively. See answer (1) Best Answer. The fans loved it and Snoop went platinum once again selling 1.7 million records in America alone. The title track, Ambitionz Az a Ridah, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted, How Do You Want It and I Aint Mad at Cha are either not too far from a million or over the mark. Also around the 400,000-500,000 sales ballpark are Thugz Mansion, from Better Dayz, and Runnin (Dying to Live), from Resurrection. Overview ; Biography ; Discography ; Songs ; Credits ; Awards 2023 The DJ Booth LLC. songs crack 350,000 downloads, with 6 of them over 950,000. He rose to prominence as the leader and co-founder of the alternative hip hop collective Odd Future and has rapped on and produced songs for nearly every Odd . The album was certified platinum on the day it was released and became the first album to be streamed over one billion times in its release week. Remember to keep your email concise and to the point, highlight your best work, and provide easily accessible smart links. His follow-up mixtape, AI Youngboy 2, was released in 2018 and features the singles Diamond Teeth Samurai and Outside Today, both of which peaked at number 43 on the Billboard Hot 100. 1 . If you feel inspired by this list, we just created this CSPC 2Pac playlist on Spotify! However Suge and Puff are Both connected to shady business, Most listened to 90s rap albums (based on their least streamed song) : Dr. Dre 2001 : 18m Eminem The Slim Shady LP : 18m Nas Illmatic : 16m Rage Against The Machine Rage Against The Machine : 14m Snoop Doggy Dogg Doggystyle : 12m Wu-Tang Clan Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) : 11m 2Pac All Eyez On Me : 10m The Notorious B.I.G. From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg's Kitchen (Snoop Dogg Cookbook, Celebrity Cookbook with Soul Food Recipes). There are two ways to understand this revolutionary concept. Snoop Dogg is one of Hip Hops biggest stars on the YouTube, social media, television/film and on record. Prince 11. With 16 solo albums under his belt and 127 singles (September 2018), it's safe to say that Snoop has sold more than a record or two. Credits. 2Pacs first Hot 100 hit was I Get Around, which almost made it to the top 10 by peaking at 11. Tupac Amaru Shakur, known as 2Pac, is a legend among legends, enjoying a near mythical status among rap fans and more. 2. A very impressive tally for a legacy catalog. To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms arent always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added. He first started to gain recognition in 2014, with the release of his song "Bake Freestyle.". Among these late posthumous releases no song challenges Ghetto Gospel yet. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". They arent as favored as Keep inside TV documentaries and the likes. I fully recommend watching it before getting into the sales figures. These numbers are obtained by applying the method from the section The distribution process to all packages listed under Compilation sales figures listingcategory. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. NBA Youngboys music connects with fans because hes raw and authentic. Theres also a link to the explanation up there too https://chartmasters.org/2016/03/the-commensurate-sales-to-popularity-concept-cspc-introduction/ All types of sales are included (Albums, singles, streams, compilations, live albums, and more) they are just weighted differently and converted into equivalent album sales. "" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory. All Eyez On Me, often regarded as the greatest rap album of all-time, logically takes the top spot, selling 10.6 million pure copies to date.. As the album is certified 10xPlatinum by the RIAA, some may be surprised positively or negatively.The latter, because with 10 million US sales, one would expect more than 10.6 million global units. It sucks for Kendrick Lamar. With 16 solo albums under his belt and 127 singles (September 2018), its safe to say that Snoop has sold more than a record or two. Simply Red - Stars (1991) - 12 x Platinum. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. His single Untouchable peaked at number 35 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it his highest-charting single to date. . His first album, "Remember My Name", was released in 2015 and peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. Almost exactly the same can be said about Keep Ya Head Up, a #12 hit which sold a bit more than its predecessor. Tech N9ne has SoundScanned over two million albums independently. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Its not like numbers drop sharply outside the top 4 either, as 4 more tracks top 200,000, and 5 others are close or over 150,000 units. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The album was later certified gold by the RIAA. Many officially unreleased Monica songs have been scheduled, at one point, for release on records by the singer, including her seven studio albums Miss Thang (1995), The Boy Is Mine (1998), All . "Don't Trip" did not enter the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, but peaked at number seven on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart, which acts as a 25-song extension to the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. So the article is not wrong , anyways, I would say that Suge Knight and PUFF Daddy were prime suspects, since Big has spoken that he didnt wish death on anyone and was sad that 2Pac passed away (he also tried to not get involved in the beef and was adamant that he did not try to do Pac any harm) The methodology is posted at the top of every article. It could have been very frustrating to never make the top 10 after peaking at 11 and 12, but Dear Mama soon fixed this by hitting #9. Diamond: 1. The leading streaming track of 2Pac is somewhat of a surprise. Brian, Freddie and Roger have all released solo albums and Queen have also collaborated with other artists such as Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert and these are listed . The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube. A quarter of its release, 2Pac was dead. i wish i could forget the black eyed peas, I think : . His debut album, Until Death Call My Name, was released in 2018 and featured the hit single Outside Today. His second album, AI Youngboy 2, was released in 2019 and included the singles Slime Mentality and Self Control.. How many platinum records does Paul McCartney have? Did Shaq ever score a 3? One of his first hits, Keep Ya Head Up, was a feminist anthem shooting at absent fathers and misogyny. Notorious B.I.G. California Love wasnt a double-A single in all markets, also selling well on its own, especially in Europe. How many studio albums does Whitney Houston have? Ive no idea why people prefer 2001. Thank you so much Kris! In 1985, Houston released her self-titled debut album. In total, this song sold 3.2 million units. Lil Durk broke out as a star from Chicago's South Side alongside peers like Chief Keef, Fredo Santana and Lil Reese; and dropped his debut album Remember My Name in 2015 and Lil Durk 2X the followi (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); On surface, 2Pac was one of many, a black kid raised by a single mother with addictions. While Ambitionz Az a Ridah is a very popular song, it was a dark horse competing against California Love and Changes, yet it takes over the crown.

Coromal Thrill Seeker For Sale, Americus Radio Obituary, Articles H

how many platinum albums does the game haveLeave A Comment