If you purchased your tickets in person at our box office, you can come to our box office for a refund.6:30 pm TheaterReserved Seating | Balcony ClosedAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 11mar6:00 pmBuddy GuyDamn Right Farewell Tour6:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 14mar6:00 pmZach Williams - SOLD OUT6:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesSOLD OUT, Doors 6:00 Show 7:00 This is the second year we have come to Kansas City to see El Monstero at the Uptown Theatre. Free drink tickets, a BOGO for a Westport Fleamarket Fleaburger-you won't leave hungry and the 816 shares the parking lot with the Fleamarket. Its known for its barbecue, jazz heritage, and fountains. We were at the end of the first 25. The concerts grew and grew and weve ended up playing and selling out the same arenas that Queen played at their peak. So instead of the balcony, I got . It's in a welcoming neighborhood known for cultural attractions such as the entertainment choices and the theater scene. I was in town and got tickets to Gordon Lightfoot! In The Camo Ballcap" :) who did such an awesome job he 100% of travelers recommend this experience. Nice historic buildingThe acoustics were good(better than I expected) I could easily see the stage from 30 yards back. 3700 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64111-2506, - Caribbean African Jamaican, - American Vegetarian Friendly. We could see everything that was going on on the stage. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. The entire show rocks to The OriginalRecordings of Pink Floyd!Laser Spectacular immerses viewers and carries them away on a mind-expandingjourney driven by high-powered lasers, large-screen video projection, concert sound,and special lighting effects. I believe the Upton Theater to be one of the best, most intimate venues. 897 posts. Security magnetometers were set up on the sidewalk for a quick scan. All this in a theater so rich in Kansas City history . We'll earn a small commission. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Uptown Theater - KC, Kansas City, Missouri. Steps to Shops, Eats | Easy Access + W&D | Zencity, View all hotels near Uptown Theatre on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Uptown Theatre on Tripadvisor, View all attractions near Uptown Theatre on Tripadvisor, Extended Stay America Hotels in Kansas City, Hotels near National WWI Museum and Memorial, Hotels near The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Hotels near Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Hotels near Kansas City Intl Airport (MCI), Hotels near Kansas City Downtown Municipal Airport (MKC), Motels near Kansas City Downtown Municipal Airport (MKC), Motels near Kansas City Intl Airport (MCI), Hotels near Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Hotels near Colorado Technical University, Hotels near Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Hotels near University of Missouri - Kansas City, Game & Entertainment Centers in Kansas City, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Kansas City, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours in Kansas City, Observatories & Planetariums in Kansas City, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Kansas City, Public Transportation Systems in Kansas City, Game & Entertainment Centers in Crossroads, Points of Interest & Landmarks in 18th and Vine, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: Tickets & Tours, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts: Tickets & Tours, LEGOLAND Discovery Center: Tickets & Tours, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art: Tickets & Tours, J.C. Nichols Memorial Fountain: Tickets & Tours, Kansas City Convention Center: Tickets & Tours, Kansas City International Airport One Way Transfer: Tickets & Tours, VIP Desert Safari Dubai (Caravan Safari) by JTR Holidays, Samana Whale Watching Tour with Biologist Guide Kim Beddall, 2 Days Merzouga Desert Tour From Marrakech, Riviera Maya Jungle Half-Day Tour: ATV, Ziplines, Cenote Swim, Rappel, Bangkok to Khao Yai Private Car Charter (English speaking driver), Milan Airport Transfer: Malpensa Airport MXP to Milan City in Luxury Van, Paddlewheeler Creole Queen Historic Mississippi River Cruise, Venus Travel - Ba Na Hills - Golden Bridge Small group, City Sightseeing Trier Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour. As to whether or not the area is safe to walk around. Alia was instrumental in ensuring my wife and I, along with our families and guests, had an optimal experienc in 2 reviews, The Uptown Theatre has so much history attached to it, it's hard not to be amazed. in 3 reviews. If you purchased your tickets in person at our box office, you can come to our box office for a refund. Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Kansas City. Los Angeles, CA Toto has announced planned North American headline appearances for 2023. The inside of the theater replicated an outdoor Mediterranean courtyard, complete with a nighttime sky ceiling with twinkling stars, clouds, and mechanical flying birds. You are here: Home Concert Tickets Comedy Tickets. They worked tirelessly keeping the place clean and the traffic flowing smoothly. 46 years into his recording career, Billy Idol is still the ever-moving myth, the intellectual/feral internet-age bookworm/caveman of our dreams, finding modern language for the fiery, Eddie Cochran-meets-Ziggy Stardust ripnroar that hes been making since he first stepped on stage. Thats what we shot for, and I think thats what we got., 02jun6:00 pmBad Omens - SOLD OUTwith Erra, Invent, Animate6:00 pm TheaterGA Floor | Reserved Balcony SeatingAll AgesSOLD OUT, 03jun5:30 pmBeartooth & Triviumwith Malevolence & Architypes Colide5:30 pm TheaterGA Floor & Back Balcony | Reserved Seating Front BalconyAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 08jun7:00 pmSisters of Mercy7:00 pm TheaterGA Standing Floor | All Seating ReservedAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 16jul7:00 pmKiller Queen7:00 pm TheaterGA | Reserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, Doors 7:00 Show 8:00 We spend a lot of time getting our seating charts/seat maps right because we understand how crucial they are to choosing the right event. In fact, it may even make you think that the spiraling riffs, soaring melodies, and morse-code rhythms of Generation X have been transported into the 21st century. We could see everything going on down below. So me and my friends were roughly 8th or 9th row when we shouldve been 1st. 7pm Doors / 8pm Show Popular in Kansas City. 1st time we paid for front row, then the theatre decided to put 3 rows of folding chairs in front of us. Uptown Theater Kansas City Tickets On Sale Mar 3 Fri 8:00 PM Whitey Morgan Uptown Theater Kansas City | Kansas City Find Tickets Mar 3 Fri 8:00 PM Seaforth Get concert info and buy tickets to Chapel Hart's upcoming concert at Uptown Theater in Kansas City on Feb 10, 2023, all at Bandsintown. I had a seat in the balcony and could see the stage very well. First and foremost, Billy Idol and Steve Stevens hit the road again, and that amazing energy infected their new work. Wedding & Corporate Event Spaces Theater Valentine Broadway Encore Cabaret Request Info The average ticket price is $73. Frank and fearless, tender and rowdy, Elle King's debut album, "LOVE STUFF" marks the true arrival of the young singer/songwriter/guitarist/banjoist as a pop force to be reckoned with. Buy 100% guaranteed tickets for all upcoming events in Kansas City at the lowest possible price. My friend was insistent that I do my business with the father(owner? Actual product and specifications may vary in dimension or detail. Purchase tickets online 24 hours a day or by phone 1-800-515-2171. Ticketmaster will automatically issue refunds within 30 days. If you are worried about walking around, the 816 has excellent shuttle service. End Time. His music can be heard in the films of AcademyAward winner Cameron Crowe and Judd Apatow in addition to blockbuster franchises such asJohn WickandSpider-Man. The Irresistible Lover starring Norman Carey and Lois Moran opened to a sold out crowd at the Uptown on January 7th 1928, as the marquee brightened Broadway for the first time. Extremely frustrated at this piece of crap theatre. Security was excellent and made you feel safe, if you are concerned about being in that area, also security was in the parking lot until well after the concert was over. My fiancee committed suicide just 2 weeks ago and now that wedding is not going to happen. You'll def make my Christmas card list!! Beautiful theatre! A lengthy list of banned items was okay by me - no issues with my wallet, keys, and phone. About Us Contact Us Help. Austrian-born designer John Eberson was hired to complete the construction of the Uptown and oversee the decoration of the interior. . The accommodations were great. 8:00 PM. About 30 min. 29mar7:00 pmToto7:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, Doors 7:00 Show 8:00 Personally, I recommend the 816. The house sound was more than loud enough. What are the best restaurants close to the uptown theater? This office and retail portion of the Uptown was completed in November of 1926; however work on the theater was halted until the Universal Film Company acquired the unfinished building in 1927. TICKET LINK BELOW 3700 Broadway Rd, Kansas City, MO 64111 Uptown Theater - Home Facebook Live Photos of Uptown Theater. beautiful historic theatre, wonderful staff, On the evening of November 10 we attended the recent Monkees Farewell Tour as a birthday outing for a family member who is a big fan. Crime happens everywhere. We were further up front (Row M). Hotels: Reviews: Tickets: Dining | / Venues / Missouri Venues. Uptown Theater is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat. In the thirties, movies starring Will Rogers, Claudette Colbert and Shirley Temple were featured at the Uptown. Then theres America's Best Value Inn and the Embassy Suites. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. You'll def make my Christmas card list!! What a great time! In addition, 33,000sqft (3,100m2) of new lobby, bar, office and banquet space was added. The new Uptown Theatre would resemble St. Paul's First Avenue-run Palace Theatre in size and concept, with an open floor and seated balcony and capacity for 2,516, according to city permits . Explore all upcoming Uptown Theater Kansas City events in 2023/2024. One note to the staff; when you are assisting people trying to find their seats in the balcony, try to keep them in the entryway until you can take them their seats. Welcome! Following the acquisition of the Uptown, a $15 million renovation of the theater was completed. BUT.I've lost whatever junk mail envelope, or post-it, I'd used to record this 'wonder-team's' info upon (I admit - NOT my best judgement call, in hindsight!) See Ashnikko in Kansas City. Uptown theater, lower balcony. I stayed at the 816 Hotel. 7' 0". And thats what he became: An idol. Classic is what we were shooting for, says co-producer Zakk Cervini.. Its loud guitars and live drums yet treated in such a way that it can live alongside music being made today. I called emailed them to let them know if even half of the deposit could be considered, (since it is only 6 months out) and they came back with, "Sorry, we can't refund any of it". The Uptown was the first theater in Kansas City outside of downtown to show first-run films. These are the two closest to the Uptown. Yelp users havent asked any questions yet about Uptown Theater. Noindividual statistic exhibits this more than achieving the milestone of 3 billion cumulative streams of their collectedworks. It is a nice sized venue with free parking across the street. I went to a Home Free concert here on Dec 1, 2022. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Beyond the instantly identifiable riffs and equally recognizable vocals,JerryCantrell will always be known as a songwriter, first and foremost. Lady comes back out and counts out 25, lets them go in, then goes to the next line. Select Other Times Featured Listing Historic 2BR Next to Uptown Theater 509 Valentine - 2W Kansas City, MO 64111 $895 / month Apartment 2 bedrooms 1 full bath 900 sq. They were delighted to sell out Forest National Arena where Queen filmed the concert set piece videos such as Hammer To Fall and Dont Stop Me Now.Killer Queen then joined forces with Bjorn Again and The Bootleg Beatles for a Waverley Stadium show in Edinburgh. Uptown Theater Kansas City Historic venue in Kansas City for concerts, weddings, and private events. Floor plans are artist's rendering. As the office and retail portion of the Uptown was nearing completion, the footing was also poured for the theater portion of the Uptown; however work was halted until the Universal Film Company acquired the unfinished building in 1927. Join our Email List! And thats a lot of fun. Sound in the build was great and you are able to see from anywhere. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Ernie Miller Nature Center and Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, while Uptown Theater and Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art are cultural highlights. You don't always get that with GA. What hotels are near by? In 1994, Larry Sells resigned from the Land Trust and purchased the Uptown on his own with plans to restore the theater as well as the entire commercial corridor of Broadway between 38th Street and Armour Boulevard. #10 of 36 Concerts & Shows in Kansas City Concerts & Shows, Performances 3700 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64111-2506 Save Traci F Kansas City, Missouri 8 7 Great concert view Review of Uptown Theatre Reviewed December 9, 2019 Great concert venue. Buy Uptown Theater tickets at Ticketmaster.com. I was in town and got tickets to Gordon Lightfoot! They also scored a number one hit when they they were asked to recreate Queens harmonies for The Real Life with Fatboy Slim.By now they were in demand in European arenas playing Ahoy, where the now reformed Queen would be performing only a few months later. I went to a Home Free concert here on Dec 1, 2022. (PLUS my eternal gratitude!!!) Great show! Number of People (Minimum of 40) Free drink tickets, a BOGO for a Westport Fleamarket Fleaburger-you won't leave hungry and the 816 shares the parking lot with the Fleamarket. We try to also provide you with seat views that show you what kind of view you can expect from different parts of the venue. 2021 sees them back on the road ready to delight huge audiences the world over. I stayed at the 816 Hotel. Where do your buses park for artists to enter? Matinees with KMBCs Big Brother Bob Club packed the theater on Saturday mornings. Get cheap Ashnikko tickets at Uptown Theater on Saturday, October 14, 2023. PS we can't comment on the parking because we used the awesome 5 Guys Transportation! In the forties, the Uptown rode the success of Hollywood and the movie industry to unrestrained heights of box office success. 0.9 mi. Schedule a Showing Tuesday 11:10 am . To see the other amenities this property offers, check out the Amenities section. 60 + min. The concert was very good and the acoustics were excellent for the sound. He fire-breathes dreams and nightmares, he delivers clubland croon and Bolan-blessed cool, and he moves through the desert, sluices through the cities, speeds across oceans, hills, mesas, and time. Receptions, weddings, and rehearsal dinners. Those songs, Beyond the instantly identifiable riffs and equally recognizable vocals,JerryCantrell will always be known as a songwriter, first and foremost. Theatre-style seats in the back with cupholders. more. (PLUS my eternal gratitude!!!) . Doors 7:00 Show 7:30 GA Floor and rear balcony; Reserved Front Balcony. Bought the tickets the day they came out, and decided w/ my friends to wait in line at 12:30 (Show started at 8) in order to get in the very front for my favorite artist. Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers Local 15. In 1928, an unknown comedian in his early twenties named Bob Hope performed his comedy act for a week long run of shows. [2], Following the closure of the Uptown Theater in 1989, the property was transferred to the Land Trust of Jackson County. Uptown Theater Kansas City. Lowest Price Guaranteed! Uptown Theater Kansas City, 3700 Broadway, Kansas City, 64111, MO. 8,611 followers. All (347) 1.0 mi. Well, a tiny bit of fck you, anyhow. The Uptown is now ranked number 82 on the list of the top 100 theaters in the world by the concert industry magazine Pollstar.[3]. Check out Elle King at Uptown Theater in Kansas City on March 08, 2023 and get detailed info for the event - tickets, photos, video and reviews. Uptown Theater - KC, Kansas City, MO View Tickets Uptown Theater - KC Tickets Buy Uptown Theater - KC Tickets & View the Event Schedule at Box Office Ticket Sales! This EP is a lot more coming at you. This is a great old Art Deco style theater Bait and Switch..and parking issues make this a solid "NO". Find information and tickets for upcoming events in 2023/2024. Tickets #97563416. I tried talking to the lady and telling her but she said I know what Im doing then kept letting the other lines go. If you are worried about walking around, the 816 has excellent shuttle service. In the early seventies the theater housed the Lyric Opera Company for two years. Very nice facility, seating was lousy ,,no leg room,,rows of seats to close,,and if u have to go to bathroom,,everybody in your way have to stand up,,and a can of beer was 9 bucks. Then theres America's Best Value Inn and the Embassy Suites. Kansas City Indian Center. Following the closure of the Uptown Theater in 1989 the property was transferred to the Land Trust of Jackson County, a governmental corporation established by state law to sell properties in order to satisfy unpaid taxes. Bought the tickets the day they came out, and decided w/ my friends to wait in line at 12:30 (Show started at 8) in order to get in the very front for my favorite artist. The band re-united three years later. They were great. UPTOWN THEATER - 108 Photos & 102 Reviews - 3700 Broadway, Kansas City, MO - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services Uptown Theater 102 reviews Claimed Venues & Event Spaces Edit Closed 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Hours updated over 3 months ago See hours See all 110 photos Write a review Add photo We were at the end of the first 25. Lineup. In 1989 the Uptown Theater closed and for the first time since the 1920s, Broadway was no longer lit up by the theaters prominent marquee. You don't always get that with GA. What hotels are near by? Uptown Theater. We were comfortable for the whole show. Been to many concerts here. Must arrive by 5:00pm. Whitey Morgan & The 78s with special guest Myron Elkins - GA Floor and rear balcony; Reserved Front Balcony. patio / balcony, and granite counters. Is the surrounding areas safe to walk around? Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. before doors open, lady comes out and splits the line into three by counting out 25, then putting the next 25 in the second line, then next 25 in third. Uptown Theater: Kansas City, Missouri, United States: Aug 05, 2023 Upcoming +-= Tour. I wasn't worried about it. Kansas City, MO. from. Lots of years of built up grime! My last visit here was the Kris Kristofferson concert. The tour includes astop in Kansas City at the Uptown Theater on Wednesday, March 29, 2023. 7. Night to night reaching capacity, andconsidered by many promoters one of the most successful runs of the Summer across the European continent. Historic 2BR Next to Uptown Theater. lolThe venue is beautiful, clean and has great acoustics. I was in the 2nd row for $100 which where I come from in Vegas won't buy you a ticket for a drink! View All Photos. February 11th 2023 . Its really got its own kind of magic going on there.Killer Queens first public shows were at London University, following in the footsteps of the real Queen who had played their first shows there decades earlier.Killer Queens UK popularity grew to such an extent they soon secured a residency in Londons Strand Theatre attracting nationwide BBC coverage the first tribute to have a show in the West End .The bands reputation continued to grow both in the UK and abroad leading to an awards ceremony in Leicester Square, hosted by Suggs from Madness who presented them with the award for Worldwide Best Tribute Band. Becoming regular performers Red Rocks Arena in America is another highlight . 46 years ago when everyone was sniffing the nihilistic glue and giving themselves snotty little punk rock names, it was supposed to be Idle but someone wrote it wrong, and William Broad became Billy Idol instead. Elle King. read more. Elle King: A-Freakin-Men Tour Presented by Slow & Low. Kansas City, MO 64111. Located in the heart of the Westport neighborhood, the Uptown Theater is near shops, restaurants, activities and parking. Ticket Limit: There is an overall 6 ticket limit for this event. Use our interactive seating charts to craft your perfect experience. h filter. Completed in 1928, the Uptown Theater was Kansas Citys premier entertainment spot showcasing first-run movies. Personal balcony (some units) Laundry on site. Was about roughly 18th in line, which is basically guaranteed front row, which is what you should get for waiting 8 hours. 30mar7:00 pmKey Glockwith TiaCorine, Kenny Muney, Jay Fizzle7:00 pm TheaterGA | Reserved Seating Front BalconyAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 05apr7:00 pmUnknown Mortal Orchestrawith AMULETS7:00 pm TheaterGA | Reserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 06apr7:00 pmNoel Miller7:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 08apr7:00 pmAsleep at the Wheel featuring Brennen Leigh and Joshua HedleyThe Past, Present and Future of Country & Western Music7:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 13apr6:30 pmBad Friends Podcast6:30 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 22apr6:00 pmTim Dillon6:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 27apr7:00 pmBruce Campbell: Bruce-O-Rama Spring TourScreening of Army of Darkness7:00 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS, 04may6:30 pmPink Floyd Laser Spectacular6:30 pm TheaterReserved SeatingAll AgesBUY TICKETS. Filter. Seats in the balcony are lined up directly in front of one another so it makes it a little hard to see past the person in front of you depending on their height (see photo). The whole experience was very nostalgic . "The Irresistible Lover" starring Norman Carey and Lois Moran opened to a sold out crowd at the Uptown on January 7th 1928, as the marquee brightened Broadway for the first time. The original design for the Uptown was carried out by Kansas City architect, Robert Gornall. Sound is great at the Uptown. more. Paramounts Laser Spectacular, the smash hit multi-media laser and light showfeaturing the music of Pink Floyd, illuminates the Uptown Theater on Thursday, May4. Featured Events. We host performances from an eclectic mix of local, national, and international artists. The lighting made it difficult to take photos. View ENCORE shows Encore Calendar New shows added regularly! $20.00. Find tickets for Ashnikko concert in Kansas City at Uptown Theater - KC on October 14, 2023 at 08:00 PM. Uptown Theatre Is this your business? VIP Exclusive Eat & Greet Experience:Enjoy an amazing meal and make a difference in your local community, world-renowned chef Paul. I had a seat in the balcony and could see the stage very well. )/daughter(event coordinator). What restaurants are near Uptown Theatre? Balcony Garage. Also, they pack the floor so dang tight that it gets insanely hot. The Uptown hosted movies as well as live vaudeville and stage productions through the 1970s. INSTAGRAM FEED . It's known for its barbecue, jazz heritage, and fountains. That's to be expected when a President of the United States speaks at a venue. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 as the Uptown Building and Theater.[1]. Just Announced: Dave Chappelle Is Coming To Uptown, Just Announced: The National Is Coming To GrindersKC, Da 5 Bloods hits Netflix, co-written by KU professor Kevin Willmott. Show Calendar - Uptown Theater Show Calendar Seating Chart for each show is on Ticketmaster View on TicketMaster TicketMaster Calendar Want Regular Show Updates? Use our interactive seating charts to craft your perfect experience. Tickets go on sale thisFriday 11/4 at 10:00 a.m. at Ticketmaster.com and the Uptown Theater Box Office.Lead singer Patrick Myers said Its been an amazing journey. Uptown Theater - Kansas City, Missouri Upcoming Shows Want Show Updates? I went to a Home Free concert here on Dec 1, 2022. )/daughter(event coordinator).

Brad Damphousse Net Worth, Cps Guidelines For Child Removal In Virginia, New Construction Homes In Utah Under $300k, Unable To Start Program Visual Studio Access Is Denied, Monterey Peninsula Country Club Beach House Wedding, Articles U

uptown theater kansas city balconyLeave A Comment