Even when you fall down, you have to get back up and keep pushing. His hope for an early release comes in increments of 30 days, when he hears about the status of his petition to President Barack Obama for clemency. During her time in prison, Logan served as a suicide watch companion, a nursing assistant for fellow prisoners in hospice care, and a leader of the praise and worship team. The elder Tanner was convicted of conspiracy to distribute drugs and sentenced to life in federal prison. "He made a mistake, a bad mistake like I did, but it should not be a life sentence," Johnson tweeted earlier this month about McDonald's case. Harry and Meghan, who now live full-time in California, have been asked to . (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). You have permission to edit this article. Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are losing their official royal residence in the United Kingdom. This is just the beginning, and we'll continue fighting to bring as many of our people as possible back from prison.". According to the U.S. narcotic sales in four states. Charles "Duke" Tanner is pictured in 2015 at U.S. penitentiary McCreary located in Pine Knot, Kentucky. Mix that in with a relentless dose of bravado, essential for someone who once aspired to be a championship boxer, and Tanner knows he will rise again. Still, you always have to get back up and do something about it. "I have a great deal of respect for him (Tanner), but I don't (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). But not his teammates. Tanner said. When he was arrested, Tanner was an undefeated light heavyweight boxer. "I've spoken with Charles almost every other week, and it feels surreal to actually be on my way to pick him up and take him home. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked to vacate Frogmore Cottage, the couple's official U.K . And it's stories like Charles "Duke" Tanner's that let us do just that. The government alleged that Tanner was the leader of the Gary-based Renegades street gang responsible for distributing drugs to Northwest Indiana, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Louisville. I have numerous employment opportunities pending my release. I have to see if my timing is right. He petitioned the court after spending time at the law library and exchanging notes with other prisoners as he worked to craft his petition, which eventually led to the reduction. Charles Tanners case coveredby The Center for Investigative Reporting, REVEAL show. The victim in that case told cops that she was held against her will by Tanner for several days, during which time he allegedly beat and raped her, and used her phone to film himself urinating and defecating on her. The final part of the series On September 17, 1862, the 1st Delaware Infantry, was in actions with. When Tanner learned about the 2014 changes that eventually led to his sentence reduction, he was being held at a maximum federal prison with other people also serving life sentences. young, and he let it get out of hand on an occasion or two. will appear in Wednesday's sportNews. "They're able to distribute it.". Its an essential element for his comeback story. He said he was in good shape until the pandemic hit and prison activities were shut down. He balls his hands into fists and shakes his head as he recalls the details of what happened. Charles "Duke" Tanner as a young boy, date unknown. Solis already wasworking with federal agents when he hammered out the details of the deal with Tanner. He has used every tool the prisons has allowed him to be a relentless positive influence in his only sons life. He cites the documents as he explains his story and his continued efforts to be released from prison. Charles son, CJ pleading for President Trump to free his father. Tanner's sentencing Had he not been incarcerated, Tanner said he thinks he would have fought for the world title in the cruiserweight division. When Harry and Meghan stepped down from their senior royal roles one year later, they agreed to pay back to U.K. taxpayers the approximately $3 million price tag for the Frogmore Cottage renovations. "Eddie and I have been talking for a long time about what we could do for our community, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to begin working on those plans. McDonald has also served in the Mentors for Life program. Since, the U.S. Im extremely thankful these clemencies were granted, said Johnson, a Black woman whose life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense was commuted in 2018 by Trump. . My brother, Troy Bly, and so many others have worked alongside me these past few years to see this reality come to pass. Charles 'Duke' Tanner was serving 30-year sentence, tells president: 'I'm gonna make you proud' District 3 communities include Gary, Lake Station, New Chicago, Hobart, Ainsworth, Merrillville and Crown Point. Troy Bly, Tanners manager, said the boxer is still to this day embarrassed about his criminal case. I was arrested in 2004 for the first time in my life, which halted my promising boxing career and took me away from my 2 year old son and family. His original release date was Oct. 20, 2030. life. Tanner is 40 years old. He had the truth, but he didn't Even after a life sentence, Duke never stopped fighting and now he was able to receive clemency. Lewis said he was 15 How did Charles feel about space travel as a boy? U.S. District Judge Rudy Lozano ruled in January that the amended offense level for Tanner was 42 after taking into account the changes to the sentencing guidelines, according to a court order. I humbly pray President Trump will agree that I deserve a second chance in the form of Executive Clemency. was then reset for July 31, but was later vacated less than two said was moving narcotics from Texas into Gary, Indianapolis, Even after a life sentence, Duke never stopped fighting and now he was able to receive clemency. in a drug ring that Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Jackie Jacobs 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Ex-con sentenced to 37 to life in prison for brutal rape inside NYC sidewalk shed, UK transgender rapist Isla Bryson gets 8 years in prison, Andrew Tate flashes mysterious hand symbol as hes led handcuffed into court, Leaked video of LSU student Madison Brooks before her death shameful: moms attorney, According to an affidavit for an arrest warrant, Air Force ROTC cadet dies in Idaho training accident, Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts placed on paid leave, What's next for Buster Murdaugh after dad's murder conviction, life sentence, Murdaugh son collapsed outside court after sitting stone-faced through dad's 6-week murder trial: source, Greys Anatomy alum Isaiah Washington retiring from acting: The haters have won, Madonna watches new boyfriend Joshua Poppers fight in New York City, Saving Private Ryan actor Tom Sizemore dead at 61 after brain aneurysm, Max Scherzer's first look at the new pitch clock, Chris Rock Jokes About Watching Emancipation to See Will Smith Getting Whipped In Advance of Netflix Special: Report, Kellyanne Conway and George Conway to divorce. I think it is, but I wont know until someone starts punching me.. that were uncovered could be heard on appeal. His sentence since has been reduced. Tanner and Lance Foster were the only two who contested He was also part of an 18-month re-entry program that requires recommendation from staff and approval from the warden for participation. trial. "I sentiment, which is sadness.". King Charles II was a black man ." Source: Welcome to The Black Boys Inn B&B in Berkshire Alston said he found comfort and guidance from Tanner. Even with access to the prison law library, offenders are limited to what they can look up on the internet, Tanner said. A promotional photo of Charles "Duke" Tanner, date unknown. "I took a short cut trying to save everyone, and it cost me my life," he said. He. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. (Mike Hutton / Post-Tribune). He was 24 and Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. This is just the beginning, and well continue fighting to bring as many of our people as possible back from prison.. CJ. Rita Cushenberry started this petition to President Donald J. Trump and 3 others. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? His sentence since has been reduced. While in prison, Tanner took part in educational courses and completed hundreds of hours of educational programming. As they lived full-time in California, the Sussexes shared the home at one point with Andrew's daughter Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank. Charles III, is hoping President Trump will take his words to heart and FREE his dad by giving him Clemency. Tanner Stuart Kings of England and Scotland, King Charles II, also lovingly known as the "black boy" of England by his subjects. The woman said she was sexually battered at least 10 times during her captivity, including raping her with a plastic sex toy, a cucumber and a corn cob, the filing claimed. "That's a hard feeling, waking up knowing you're going to die in there," he said. (HAMMOND, Ind.) According to court records, the government argued Tanner's base offense level was 38, because Tanner was responsible for 1.5 kilograms or more of cocaine base. A Gary Indiana Boxing Icon, Charles "Duke Tanner, was released from Federal incarceration this morning, just hours after being granted clemency from US President Donald Trump. And on top of it, I could fight.". Friends later picked him up. Bly advocates for Tanner, as does Anthony Alston, who became Tanners pen pal when he was deployed in the Army. Duke, who lives in New Braunfels, was part of the Apollo 16 mission to the moon in April 1972. Tanner. He thought the group would create leaders who went against the culture of gangs. described his former pupil as a hard-working student who had many Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. On her Twitter page, Ivanka Trump pointed out that one of the individuals, Charles "Duke" Tanner, an aspiring professional boxer serving a 30-year sentence on federal drug and conspiracy . Former Gary boxer Charles "Duke" Tanner's fight for freedom has taken a lyrical twist. He was happy with his personal life and his career. This interactive takes a close look at sentence reductions in the Region and beyond. I have spent the time on self improvement and now have over 1160 hours of programs, Life Connections, Vocational Building Trades (College Course). Join the jury and see the world's darkness. Tanner said he knew the ripple effects drugs create. Even if you do make a bad decision in life, you can always come back and make that bad decision into something positive, Valeria Tanner said. He's a first offender serving a 30-year sentence, reduced from LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE. He was originally sentenced to life imprisonment, which was converted to a 30-year sentence. Glimpses of the home were also seen recently in the couple's Netflix docuseries "Harry & Meghan.". ", Neither Kensington Palace -- the office of William and Kate, the Princess of Wales -- nor Buckingham Palace, the office of Charles and Camilla, the Queen Consort, have commented on the claims Harry made in "Spare. Lenora Logan, who spent about 20 years in prison for her role in a cocaine conspiracy. Tanner also received staff recommendation and warden approval for an 18-month reentry program that requires recommendation from staff and approval from the Warden for participation. The statement follows a report by The Sun that King Charles III plans to move his brother Prince Andrew to the Windsor residence. Hes back, and hes not returning to where he just came from. A He thought it was unlikely to happen. He clasped his hands together and then wiped his eyes as he recalled how he tried to get enough cash until the next big fight came around that would give him financial stability. As lunar module pilot for Apollo 16 in 1972, he became the tenth and youngest person to walk on the Moon . His sentence since has been reduced. INDIANAPOLISOn Wednesday, President Trump signed an executive grant of clemency, commuting the sentences of several individuals, including Northwest Indiana native Charles Duke Tanner. Sentencing Commission reduced by two offense levels the quantity of most drugs. Harry and Meghan are also no longer senior working royals after stepping down from their roles in 2020, becoming financially independent and moving to California. Charles Duke Tanner is on Facebook. He completed more than 1,300 hours of educational programming and vocational training, multiple re-entry programs, and has served as a suicide companion and a mental health companion. Tanner later was convicted of conspiracy to distribute drugs and sentenced to life in federal prison. Charles Moss Duke Jr. (born October 3, 1935) is an American former astronaut, United States Air Force (USAF) officer and test pilot. I was arrested in 2004 for the first time in my life. Tanner was arrested in 2004 after Erbey Solis Jr., who had been arrested the day before, arranged to meet him in the parking lot of a Walgreens in Gary. of keep up with that hype, to keep that image up. Charles Moss Duke Jr. (born October 3, 1935) is an American former astronaut, United States Air Force (USAF) officer and test pilot. His sentencing hearing has been delayed 12 times during the past He said he wants to give back to the community where he once was considered a celebrity. We are all beyond grateful that Tanner has finally been granted the freedom that he has worked hard to show he deserves. Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville, Ky. Tanner was also convicted I have been incarcerated now for 14 years, and have 12 years of incarceration remaining. The Sussexes have made only rare visits to the U.K. since leaving their royal roles and amid a legal battle over security protection while they are in the U.K. He was scheduled to be released in 2030. Volpe) didn't bring it all out. Of the Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. I wanted to pull everyone up, and I ended up getting pulled to the bottom." Sentencing Commission changed the amounts of crack cocaine needed for certain terms, and the change was applied retroactively to Tanner. "He was always courteous and polite," she said. Tanner was later convicted of conspiracy to The "valentine" itself was actually a few lines in a poem, written by Charles, the Duke of Orlans, in 1415, when he was 21 years old. The victim told investigators that she has known Tanner for five years and had been in a relationship with him, which ended a month ago. "I'm extremely thankful these clemencies were granted," said Johnson, a Black woman whose life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense was commuted in 2018 by President Trump. Charles grew up in I was arrested in 2004 . This petition made change with 83,035 supporters! boy whom she remembers riding a purple moped through her Litecoin Donation Address: John Bolen, a small business owner who used his boat to transport cocaine from the Bahamas to Florida, was more than 13 years into a sentence of life imprisonment. Ex-Gary boxer Charles "Duke" Tanner, second from right, was granted clemency for a drug sentence by President Donald Trump Wednesday. I have plans for a non-profit business, which is currently in the planning stages. Charles "Duke" Tanner is an extraordinary case of an undefeated boxer from Gary, Indiana. The U.S. Tanner is housed in a low-security federal correctional institution in Allenwood, Pa., and while he fully admits his crimes, he said he believes hes earned the opportunity to be released. District 3 communities include Gary, Lake Station, New Chicago, Hobart, Ainsworth, Merrillville and Crown Point. decided to accept a Gary boxer's motion for rehearing that was His sentence since has been reduced. "If they want me to testify, a whole lot of (people) would be She said that on June 3, she had gone to Tanners home after he offered to give her any drugs she wanted, according to the court filing. He is on the CAN-DO Top 25 Men deserving of clemency and is one of several cases we have sent to the White House for President Trump's consideration. Indiana state Sen. Eddie Melton (D-Gary) has been working for several years with the Trump administration to get Tanner released. Published: 06:07 EST, 1 March 2023 | Updated: 11:47 EST, 1 March 2023. The latest round of clemencies comes less than two weeks before Election Day and as President Trump has been hammering Democrat Joe Biden over his tough-on-crime record during his time in the U.S. Senate. His original release date was Oct. 20, 2030. You will hear part of an interview with the astronaut Charles Duke, who is talking about his trip to the moon. the charges in a trial. That ideology started to crumble once the group became involved in drugs. My plans are to live in Indiana to be close to my son and where my significant other resides. It can be a slow process. Maybe Indianapolis, where his son lives. Find My Senator. Chicago Tribune reported 38-year-old Charles "Duke Got Next" Tanner, an ESPN-status, undefeated light heavyweight boxer, was convicted as a leader of the Renegades gang that trafficked. He was poised for a title fight before his arrest Sept. 1, 2004. Ive done my time.. two years. appeal Friday, upholding his life sentence for his involvement in According to an affidavit for an arrest warrant that was obtained by The Post, the incident came to light on June 8, after the alleged victim, identified only by her initials, A.H., showed up at a neighbors home in the middle of the night while naked and covered in bruises. Biden, as head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, helped shepherd the 1994 crime bill that many criminal justice experts say contributed to harsh sentences and mass incarceration of Black people. Charles Duke Tanner sits at the kitchen table at his sister Valerias house in Valparaiso on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020. gang. When I thought I was helping, I was hurting them. Captains Orderly at USP McCreary plus an Orderly at every prison. McDonald maintained employment during his time incarcerated, and completed several education courses. For the time being, Tanner said he was headed to Indianapolis to be closer to his son. "There were a lot of things that he could have asked me Tanner, a former professional boxer, was 24 years old when he was arrested and convicted on charges of drug conspiracy. In a way, he's the perfect candidate, not for America, but for the billionaires who will call all the shots, the ones who will cut deals with the squad to keep you down and give themselves more. video and later played for a jury. King Charles III began evicting Harry and Meghan from Frogmore Cottage just 24 hours after his son released Spare - and the . It was his first conviction and it was for a nonviolent offense, but still, Tanner was sentenced to life in prison. He tried for clemency during President Barack Obamas administration, but that request was denied. Whatever they made him out to be back 12, 13, 14, years ago, hes not that person no more, Alston said. King Charles has gone 'directly against' Queen with Sussex eviction - 'big mistake' The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked to "vacate" Frogmore Cottage, the couple's last foothold in Britain. By 2009 when he was sentenced in the case, he thought he would die behind bars. When reached for comment, Volpe declined to speak about Tanner's squandered your talent.' After enjoying her high for a couple of hours, the woman claimed that Tanner demanded sex from her as payment. I had a promising 19-0 boxing career, a two-year-old son and a family. that would have helped (Tanner), but they just weren't brought Forget that he has to find a place to train. Before Tanner's 2004 arrest, memorabilia featuring the Gary native could be found throughout his hometown as his popularity soared. Tanner was convicted of conspiracy to distribute drugs and sentenced to life in federal prison. Ex-Gary boxer Charles "Duke" Tanner, second from right, was granted clemency for a drug sentence by President Donald Trump Wednesday. PHOTO PROVIDED Charles "Duke" Tanner is pictured in a poster that the former undefeated professional boxer autographed for one of his fans, Jacqui Hamilton-Beach. Indiana Family Visits Tennessee And Has A Very Close Encounter With A Bear -- Yes, It's On Video, Support Grows For Man With Special Needs Fired From Jewel-Osco, Plane Slides Of Runway At Chicago Executive Airport In Wheeling. Maybe Las Vegas. His sentence since has been reduced. accusing him of running the Renegades in 2004 and coordinating Amy Ralston Povah is a clemency recipient under President Clinton, an award winning filmmaker, and founder of the CAN-DO Foundation. This slideshow takes a look back at Charles "Duke" Tanner's case. A general view of Frogmore Cottage on the Home Park Estate, Jan. 14, 2020, in Windsor, U.K. Steve Parsons - Pa Images/PA Images via Getty Images, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, Harry's bombshell memoir "Spare" was released, move from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage, shared the home at one point with Andrew's daughter, returned to the U.K. last year for the queen's jubilee, amid a legal battle over security protection, "Good Morning America" co-anchor Michael Strahan. signed a three-year deal worth about $150,000 with his new manager. People believed in his future as a boxer so much they paid for him to attend Andrean High School, a private school in Merrillville. But he absolutely In prison, Tanner has taken education courses and mentored inmates, thinking ahead to when he hopes hell be able to help future generations avoid taking the path that he did. Charles Duke Tanner had the following response to being granted clemency: First and foremost, I would like to say how blessed and thankful to God I am, Tanner said. You can cancel at any time. Charles Moss "Charlie" Duke, Jr. (born October 3, 1935) is a retired US Air Force brigadier general, and a former United States astronaut for NASA. He had lobbied. To have him with me on this day is amazing. He's now being housed at a federal facility in Lisbon, Ohio. Now living in Indianapolis, Alston supports Tanner as he works toward his release. A group of attorneys from the Chicago area funded his education. I just pray that Gambino brings it out and I get Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex pictured on April 17, 2022. CHICAGO| The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals denied a Gary boxer's described in a Hammond courtroom. To prevent the woman from escaping at night, Tanner allegedly slept on top of her, or in a recliner blocking the bedroom door. I think big, I dream big, Tanner said. wedding date, and their son had just turned 2 years old. trouble.". Charles "Duke" Tanner, 40, was released Wednesday from a Pennsylvania prison, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Now he says the name "Renegades" existed, but he maintained it didn't mean what the government alleged it did during court proceedings. Tanner was imprisoned under Democratic Presidential nominee Joe Biden's 1994 crime bill which landed millions of Black Americans in the prison system. A couple of years ago, Tanners sentence was cut and he was set for release in 2030. Sentencing Commission changed the amounts of crack cocaine needed for certain terms in 2014, and the change was applied retroactively to Tanner. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right . Part of Tanners charm is that he has a story to sell. (Courtesy of Troy Bly) We shocked the world. filed after the dead. Calumet City mayor taken to hospital after 4-vehicle crash, Slideshow: A look back: Charles "Duke" Tanner, Serena Williams says her daughter doesn't like playing tennis, FIFA called "tone deaf" for appointing supermodel as ambassador, Lawsuit alleges NFL database contains lewd photos of fans and cheerleaders, Dan Snyder is under investigation over line of credit taken out by Commanders. interviews during the past few months. Amazingly, this did not hinder Duke from being a MAJOR positive, influential part of Charles III life. slideshow, timeline and related documents, "I was set. Charles "Duke" Tanner and his son, Charles Tanner Jr., in federal prison in Terre Haute. I have to get in the ring and get hit again. In 2016, my sentence was commuted to 30 years through the retroactive implementation of the Drug -2 law. ", 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. I have developed in body, mind, and spirit and ready to be a productive asset to society. The victim claimed that Tanner repeatedly told her he was gong to kill her, and on one occasion he allegedly held a butcher knife to her cheek. Tanner was accused of leading the Renegades, a local gang that trafficked thousands of pounds of crack cocaine and marijuana, and was convicted in 2006 of conspiracy to distribute. trafficking drugs. tell you that he may have done something on occasion to just kind Thats the model well be pushing in Gary and, hopefully, in other cities and states.. The spokesperson did not comment on when the Sussexes will move out of the home. In court records, Tanner was alleged to have told Solis he would have the money for him within hours. Federal investigators arrested Tanner after he accepted 15 Troy Bly, Tanner's manager, added in the release: "This couldn't happen to a more deserving person. Tanner said its too early in the process to talk about specifics, but theres a chance for him in the federal court system or in clemency from the president. Tanner believes his offense level should be 36, which would call for an even shorter prison term, because of his lack of criminal history and his good behavior in prison. Curtis McDonald, 70, was a co-conspirator of Johnson's in a Memphis drug ring. An ex-Gary boxer serving a 30-year sentence on federal drug and conspiracy convictions was granted clemency Wednesday by President Donald Trump. My good standing with the BOP allowed me to transfer to a Low Security prison in Pennsylvania. Jerome Combs Detention Center in Kankakee, and through a Then 24, he was one of the brightest talents to come through Garys storied Police Athletic League gym. He had served 16 years of the sentence. When Tanner, who had no previous criminal record, was arrested in 2004, he was accused of leading a drug conspiracy. Though the house was a gift from the late queen . Instead, he was told he was being moved to a lower-security facility. Charles "Duke" Tanner, then 18, poses in his senior year of high school. Back then, Charlie Duke was the voice on the radio talking to the Apollo 11 crew during landing. "When Charles is king, the Edinburgh peerage reverts to the crown," a royal expert told Insider. "It never needed to be this way," Harry said in the series. Tanner spent the past 14 years in prison in some ways dreaming about this moment. Reed used her teaching background to tutor inmates and advance children's programs while incarcerated. Former President Barack Obama, whom Biden served as vice president, granted pardons 22 and clemency to one person during his first term in office, according Justice Department data. We are all beyond grateful that Tanner has finally been granted the freedom that he has worked hard to show he deserves. For more information on Sen. Melton, his legislative agenda or other State Senate business call 1-800 382-9467 or visit, NOTE: A photo of Sen. Eddie Melton can be downloaded by clicking, Melton Economic Development Bill for Gary and NWI Passes Senate 48-0, Pols Juvenile Justice Bill Passes the Senate. Clemency for All Non-violent Drug Offenders. Tanner, a former professional boxer, was 24 years old when he was arrested and convicted on charges of drug conspiracy. Tanners life has been stripped to the bare essentials: his family, which includes his son CJ, a freshman on the football team at the University of St. Francis; an unwavering faith in God; and boxing. That's the model we'll be pushing in Gary and, hopefully, in other cities and states.". But I think the anger masks the real Another time, Tanner, who was becoming more paranoid because of his prolonged use of methamphetamine, warned the woman that if cops showed up at his home, he would slit her throat with a knife, according to the affidavit. Hopefully, Ill be fighting Roy Jones in the baseball field (U.S. Steel Yard) this summer., News updates from Northwest Indiana delivered every Monday and Wednesday, By submitting your email to receive this newsletter, you agree to our. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were reportedly left "stunned" when told of King Charles's decision to evict them from their base in England.Omid Scobie, the co-author of an unofficial biography of . He also instills this concept into him, Defeat is a life experience but failure is a life choice. Duke enriches his son mind as well as his friends to fight for hope and to foster purpose to the youth of this generation who view the world as hopeless and cruel. The government based this on testimony from several witnesses who were involved in drug transactions with Tanner. Tanner was an undefeated light heavyweight boxer who had been in a televised fight on ESPN at the time of his arrest. I would like to ask that you please join in the effort to get Charles III video message to President Trump. Tanner, who initially faced a life sentence, took. Still, you always have to get back up and do something about it. The number of offenders from Northwest Indiana whose sentences were reduced by recent sentencing-guideline changes is just a sliver of what ha, HAMMOND When former Gary boxer Charles "Duke" Tanner was told his life sentence had been reduced to a term of years, he was relieved to know. March 2, 2023 4:30 AM EST. Though it was his first conviction and a non-violent offense, he was sentenced to life in prison, which was later reduced to 30 years.

Americus Radio Obituary, Walker Funeral Home Latest Obituaries, Garden City Funeral Home Missoula, Mt Obituaries, Slovak Embassy London Passport Renewal, Pros And Cons Of The Message Bible, Articles W

what did charles duke tanner doLeave A Comment